#39589
x561x
Guest
    @

Despite the pure idiocy displayed by the members of this forum, and even a staff member, (refer to link below) I have gotten my first tattoo 🙂

http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-tattoo-stretch-grow-t20519.html

I am extremely pleased with it. The artist did a wonderful job. There is a very, very deep underlying meaning within this tattoo. I don’t see how I could ever regret it. Actually, it seems quite impossible :p

Anyways, 6 months later :p here she is:

405924_366411693384629_1436610851_n.jpg

#129606
Amok
Participant
    @amok

You got good advice in the other thread which you should have listened to.


Instagram: pacsyd
#129618
yodaddynukka
Participant
    @yodaddynukka

wow a cross and bible verse. how original…


instagram: jookiest
#129620
Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

It’s decent. Simple but the line work is good and the shading isn’t terrible either. Glad at least it has a meaning behind it you won’t regret.


“I know I was born, and I know i’ll die. The In between is Mine.”
Follow my blog: http://boundbyink13.wordpress.com/
#129623
buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

yep you got yourself a tattoo

#129624
Spyd
Participant
    @spyd

What is the meaning behind the verse for you, if you don’t mind me asking? I assume you mean Joel 2:25-26 because the other chapters don’t have verses 25 and 26.

#129626
anonymous
Participant
    @anonymous

Putting aside the fact that you got solid advice in the previous thread, let’s just talk about this tattoo. The most noticeable screw-up, which Spyd has already pointed out, is that the chapter is missing. The line work does look decent, but I can’t tell if the lines in the cross are wonky or it’s just the picture. I am presuming it’s the angle of the picture for now. I’m not even going to comment on the deep meaning, regret, etc. as that’s irrelevant to the tattoo’s quality.

#129633
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy

Congrats on you’re first, Religious is just a fassion accecery these days though. Let’s hope if you are in to that type of thing it actually has a meaning.


Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
#129634
x561x
Guest
    @
Amok;116464 wrote:
You got good advice in the other thread which you should have listened to.

Incorrect.

yodaddynukka;116476 wrote:
wow a cross and bible verse. how original…

I’m sure this comment is original in the tattoo community. Quite the contradiction, huh? Also, I fail to see your point. Why would I care if my tattoo is ‘original’?

Mistress_Of_Pain;116478 wrote:
It’s decent. Simple but the line work is good and the shading isn’t terrible either. Glad at least it has a meaning behind it you won’t regret.

Thank you 🙂

buttwheat;116482 wrote:
yep you got yourself a tattoo

Sure did.

Spyd;116483 wrote:
What is the meaning behind the verse for you, if you don’t mind me asking? I assume you mean Joel 2:25-26 because the other chapters don’t have verses 25 and 26.

Yes, I do mean 2:25-26, and the meaning is along the lines of God restoring what has been taken from you. I wont get personal with it, we will just leave it at that.

D3FiANC3;116485 wrote:
Putting aside the fact that you got solid advice in the previous thread, let’s just talk about this tattoo. The most noticeable screw-up, which Spyd has already pointed out, is that the chapter is missing. The line work does look decent, but I can’t tell if the lines in the cross are wonky or it’s just the picture. I am presuming it’s the angle of the picture for now. I’m not even going to comment on the deep meaning, regret, etc. as that’s irrelevant to the tattoo’s quality.

Hmm, that is a mistake I’ve made. I have left out the chapter. However, thankfully, it is not a critical mistake.

The reason I believe it is not critical:

Google “joel 25-26” (exactly what is shown on my tattoo)

The verse pops right up 🙂

So it is still easily found, regardless of my error. Also, less body space is taken up, and I like the looks of the tattoo much better than if I had an extra number and colon there.

Wardy;116492 wrote:
Congrats on you’re first, Religious is just a fassion accecery these days though. Let’s hope if you are in to that type of thing it actually has a meaning.

I agree with you. Especially because of the people who wear rosaries as if they are a simple fashion accessory these days…

#129638
newdragon
Participant
    @newdragon

I may be out of line here and if I am the Moderator can delete this post.
This is a forum where people from all walks of life and countries around the world come to discuss tattoos (obviously!). There are always opinions and differences of opinion among the members but the members are always happy to give advice and guidance. Sometimes this is brutal but it is still meant to be and usually is sound advice.
This is probably a good place to thank the members as I do enjoy the forum.
I tend to not say a lot, but enjoy reading comments made by the members even if I don’t agree with them. One of my favourite sayings is “I don’t have to” eg I don’t have to agree with his opinion (it’s his opinion not mine). However I do respect every ones right to have their say which I guess is what forums are for.
I am somewhat confused as to why you asked your original question on a forum. The tone of it was hostile before anyone had a chance to comment. The same question could have been asked directly to your artist and you MAY have got the answer you wanted to hear.
Would I have done things differently …YES ..but I am not you.
Congratulations on your tattoo. If it is what you want then that is what matters. My advice to you for the future (and I know you didn’t ask for it) is……. LIGHTEN UP. The world can be a fun place and forums can be entertaining.
Ian

#129639
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy
newdragon;116497 wrote:
I may be out of line here and if I am the Moderator can delete this post.
This is a forum where people from all walks of life and countries around the world come to discuss tattoos (obviously!). There are always opinions and differences of opinion among the members but the members are always happy to give advice and guidance. Sometimes this is brutal but it is still meant to be and usually is sound advice.
This is probably a good place to thank the members as I do enjoy the forum.
I tend to not say a lot, but enjoy reading comments made by the members even if I don’t agree with them. One of my favourite sayings is “I don’t have to” eg I don’t have to agree with his opinion (it’s his opinion not mine). However I do respect every ones right to have their say which I guess is what forums are for.
I am somewhat confused as to why you asked your original question on a forum. The tone of it was hostile before anyone had a chance to comment. The same question could have been asked directly to your artist and you MAY have got the answer you wanted to hear.
Would I have done things differently …YES ..but I am not you.
Congratulations on your tattoo. If it is what you want then that is what matters. My advice to you for the future (and I know you didn’t ask for it) is……. LIGHTEN UP. The world can be a fun place and forums can be entertaining.
Ian


Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
#129643
x561x
Guest
    @
newdragon;116497 wrote:
I may be out of line here and if I am the Moderator can delete this post.
This is a forum where people from all walks of life and countries around the world come to discuss tattoos (obviously!). There are always opinions and differences of opinion among the members but the members are always happy to give advice and guidance. Sometimes this is brutal but it is still meant to be and usually is sound advice.
This is probably a good place to thank the members as I do enjoy the forum.
I tend to not say a lot, but enjoy reading comments made by the members even if I don’t agree with them. One of my favourite sayings is “I don’t have to” eg I don’t have to agree with his opinion (it’s his opinion not mine). However I do respect every ones right to have their say which I guess is what forums are for.
I am somewhat confused as to why you asked your original question on a forum. The tone of it was hostile before anyone had a chance to comment. The same question could have been asked directly to your artist and you MAY have got the answer you wanted to hear.
Would I have done things differently …YES ..but I am not you.
Congratulations on your tattoo. If it is what you want then that is what matters. My advice to you for the future (and I know you didn’t ask for it) is……. LIGHTEN UP. The world can be a fun place and forums can be entertaining.
Ian

I wanted to know the answer to my question before I went to the shop of-course, lol. That is the reason I came to various forums with my question.

#129657
jerryatrophy
Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Wow. A lot of buildup between the two threads. Disappointing tattoo. Long straight lines on an underdeveloped chest… awesome. I just think its really funny that you clearly fudged up the chapter. And thensaid you liked it better messed up. And then you want us to google it. If you love it great. But dont try to defend yourself. I cant even believe you come back to the forum to post up a pic of a tattoo that you were advised not to get, that has very obvious problems, without even noticing said problems. Its bad when a complete stranger points out that you had left out the chapter. Let the flaming continue.

#129659
Panter
Participant
    @panter
jerryatrophy;116518 wrote:
Wow. A lot of buildup between the two threads. Disappointing tattoo. Long straight lines on an underdeveloped chest… awesome. I just think its really funny that you clearly fudged up the chapter. And thensaid you liked it better messed up. And then you want us to google it. If you love it great. But dont try to defend yourself. I cant even believe you come back to the forum to post up a pic of a tattoo that you were advised not to get, that has very obvious problems, without even noticing said problems. Its bad when a complete stranger points out that you had left out the chapter. Let the flaming continue.

I dunno, fair play to him for coming back to post pictures. He obviously doesn’t care in the slightest what most people think as he knew he’d get flak for it.

I just hope he has the balls to post back here when he wants it lasered or covered up…


Tattoo: A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

From the Urban dictionary

Tattoo design, any design, CLICK HERE

#129661
Panter
Participant
    @panter
jerryatrophy;116518 wrote:
Wow. A lot of buildup between the two threads. Disappointing tattoo. Long straight lines on an underdeveloped chest… awesome. I just think its really funny that you clearly fudged up the chapter. And thensaid you liked it better messed up. And then you want us to google it. If you love it great. But dont try to defend yourself. I cant even believe you come back to the forum to post up a pic of a tattoo that you were advised not to get, that has very obvious problems, without even noticing said problems. Its bad when a complete stranger points out that you had left out the chapter. Let the flaming continue.

I dunno, fair play to him for coming back to post pictures. He obviously doesn’t care in the slightest what most people think as he knew he’d get flak for it.

I just hope he has the balls to post back here when he wants it lasered or covered up…


Tattoo: A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling.

From the Urban dictionary

Tattoo design, any design, CLICK HERE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.