BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

Looks awesome so far. Can’t wait to see it finished.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

While I’m pondering the idea of sleeving it out, what ideas do you all have that would not detract from the totem pole itself? I was thinking a nature scape with tepee, lake, fire, foreground; mountain, buffalo mid; into a night sky with some image in the smoke…I have lots of ideas, but I just don’t know what will work and not contrast too much with what I’m currently working on.

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

Looks good, ive been lurking your posts waiting on you to actually get the ink laid down. I like it. I at one time pondered doing something like a totem pole but with Tiki masks, i was going to have the mask wrap around my arm the entire way as to have it seem to be wood all the way around. None the less, I like this and cant wait to see some color.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I am really torn on this one. On the one hand (no pun intended) the totem pole can stand proud without any backup. On the other hand, I like sleeves that are complete, not just on one side.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Here is a very rough sketch that I did of an idea I have for sleeving out this arm. It’s hard to see, as it’s done with pencil. It’s a sunset over a mountain with buffalo/reflection over a lake. I would be interested in hearing your opinion about adding this to the existing totem pole. I am not a tattoo expert, but I think it could look pretty good. I haven’t shared this with my artist yet, but I’m sure he’ll have some ideas to make this work. Those wavy lines on either side are the existing lines of my current ink after I wrapped the tracing paper around my arm. I’d love to hear your take. kcg

buffalo2.jpg

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

No thoughts on the rest of the sleeve idea? I’m heading in for more ink tomorrow.

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

Here’s the results of my second sitting. Now I’m 7.5 hours in. What is the deal with that bruising? Is that normal? I guess I should expect that, I bruise if a pine cone falls of a tree and hits me. Anyway, we’re doing shading inside the totem pole next.

session2.jpg

Original six
Participant
@original-six

How did it feel lining around the armpit haha .. Not too clever is it lol.

ialeman
@

Excellent design. I like it. Good artist you hired. I want to see this finished.

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

Looks great! I like the idea you had to fill in the inside, think it looks awesome!

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

A glimpse of the work done during the 4th session of my totem pole sleeve. I’m 13.5 hours in at this point. There’s a lot you haven’t seen yet (session 3), but I sure am digging how the whole thing is coming together. I hope you do to. Sorry for the low-grade pic, from my Android….when it’s all done, I’ll get the good camera fired up.
session4.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Cool, coming along nicely

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Very solid! Cant wait to see it finished!

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Progressing beautifully. Looking forward to seeing the pics of the finished work.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Looks amazing, there can’t be much else that lends itself as well to a tattoo than a totem pole!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.