NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
SpideyFan;106431 wrote:
Why is Superman always depicted as a white man in tattoos?

Because since he was created in 1938 by his originators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, he was depicted as a white man, because he is a white man. George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, all Superman’s. All Caucasian in Superman movies. Is this a serious question? Was Peter Parker ever black? Asian? Japanese?:confused:

ArniVidar
@arnividar

😮

Why doesn’t Santa Claus have Dreadlocks and smoke weed?

:p

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am confused, as I frequently am,

I see the tattoo in his profile album, superman is lighter blue, lots of white blended in,

now he is dark, got a spot in his chest and muddy as heck……….what happened to it?

(of course this will lend itself to being made into bizzaro, but if the new artist did these shitty blends, pass on her, just my 2 cents)

SpideyFan
@
NeverBSatisfied;106439 wrote:
Because since he was created in 1938 by his originators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, he was depicted as a white man, because he is a white man. George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill, all Superman’s. All Caucasian in Superman movies. Is this a serious question? Was Peter Parker ever black? Asian? Japanese?:confused:

Spider-Man is going to black in the upcoming movie. It’s a fact, look it up. Why can’t Superman be portrayed as something other than white for once? He’s a fictional character. Then again, what do I know? I haven’t had my tattoos for ten years so according to the people on this forum my opinion is invalid.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
SpideyFan;106525 wrote:
Spider-Man is going to black in the upcoming movie. It’s a fact, look it up. Why can’t Superman be portrayed as something other than white for once? He’s a fictional character. Then again, what do I know? I haven’t had my tattoos for ten years so according to the people on this forum my opinion is invalid.

Dude, get to understand your own favorite character. The “new” and “black” Spider Man isn’t the identity of Peter Parker. It’s Miles Morales, a half-black, half-latino teenager who will replace Parker as Spider-Man. Parker is dead as of right now in a parallel universe (something comics have done since forever) but will make a return eventually. And for your entertainment, Spiderman ISN”T going to be black in the new movie.

amazingspiderman1-470x626.jpg

Same thing with Batman. Batman was said to be dead in Final Crisis, but it was later found out that he was sent back in time, caught in a time warp while Dick Grayson (Robin) took over the Batman cowl.

As for a ‘black’ Superman, understand that the Superman family went through all of this with the “Return of Superman” arc when the other Superman claimed they were the real Superman when Doomsday killed. John Henry Irons, or “Steel” is the black rendition of the Superman family.

As for your last statement, what the HELL are you talking about dude? You sound emo.:confused:

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
mrchen;106475 wrote:
I am confused, as I frequently am,

I see the tattoo in his profile album, superman is lighter blue, lots of white blended in,

now he is dark, got a spot in his chest and muddy as heck……….what happened to it?

(of course this will lend itself to being made into bizzaro, but if the new artist did these shitty blends, pass on her, just my 2 cents)

Long back-story with this tattoo. That spot in his chest is the blue showing through with the tribal coverup underneath. My new tattoo artist now, who did the background, had the pleasure of trying to fix Superman up with the best of her abilities, and she didn’t have much to work with as it was such a mess from the start. She actually did great in what you see as the final product. No way am I passing on her. I’m 100% comfortable in her abilities.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool, didnt realize there was someting under this one, if you like her work that is all that matters

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You should have seen the ‘before and after’ shot. The before is particularly horrible :S

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yeah the profile picture verses the new picture in this thread threw me off………the profile pic shows tattoo glistening in ointment, looking bright blue and lots of white showing……….new pic is dark muddy…….I guess i is all from the tribal coming thru as never besatisfied mentioned, thats a shame…………if he wasnt getting converted to bizzaro I think Id wait 6 months for full healing and try and hit superman again

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
mrchen;106561 wrote:
yeah the profile picture verses the new picture in this thread threw me off………the profile pic shows tattoo glistening in ointment, looking bright blue and lots of white showing……….new pic is dark muddy…….I guess i is all from the tribal coming thru as never besatisfied mentioned, thats a shame…………if he wasnt getting converted to bizzaro I think Id wait 6 months for full healing and try and hit superman again

ArniVidar has seen it since the earliest phase and from what it was before I had to fix it up, is kind of like the touch of God has graced it, lmao. I actually walked out middle-session of the picture on the left because of the horrid interpretation of a tattoo artist. Very displeasing because he was a well known artist that simply lost his marbles. I’ve been to hell and back with this tattoo, having good experiences and then another bad experience, to a good experience all over again.

I get a lot of compliments on it, but inside of my mind I know there’s more to be done and I’m not going to stop until I get my full fulfillment if that makes sense. This is actually holding me back from other tattoo’s I want to move forward with.

Here’s what it was, to where I am now (I got little work done on his hands and added the extra Superman symbols beneath from the time the second pic was takin as well.)

nowthisisatat2.jpg

Keep in mind, this pic on the right was takin as it was FRESH out of the oven and was the SECOND time it was hit (it’s been worked on so much, that scabs took over it, causing scar and damage, to which I had to hit it ALL over again, and that’s what you see on the right, the second time it’s been hit re-touched.) It’s scarred and it itches non-stop (I got caloid skin, and from it being worked on so much, a little caloid barely noticeable formed under the “S” and is very sensitive.) It’s the cards I was dealt from this journey of a tattoo and I’m still going for different approach’s to complete it in the best way. It’s going on 2 years in the making to get this to where I want it so I’m more than a seasoned veteran just from this tattoo alone, haha.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.