NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Hey guys,

Haven’t got any work done for awhile due to money, but it gave me time to think and I’m rolling with a new idea for my Superman tattoo. As many of you know (the one’s who saw the progress over-time) I had a Superman cover-up gone bad that needed to be fixed.

Nonetheless, I’m still not satisfied how Superman turned out (the background is kickass though.) I’ve come to terns that my new artist had very little to work with, and Superman will forever look more like “Bizzaro” than Superman, which bring me to my new idea.

Since she didn’t get a chance to make a mark on my piece and only fixed it up, I’m going to make it into a fight scene. As I said, the “Bizzaro” theme is already in place (even emotionally too, an imperfect tattoo) so I’m going to get the “real” Superman going after him in a fight scene. Maybe the middle of my arm if I have room or going across my shoulder. Here’s the tat if you guys remember:

img8316z.jpg

Since he looks like the evil Superman (Bizzaro) I’m going to go ahead and make him more “ill” looking with white, zombisih skin and going to go with this type of “real Superman” fight scene:

batman_superman.jpg

Obviously, use the imagination on how I can make it work and salvage the overall finished piece. I think it can be GREATLY done!

Room to work within my arm:

roominsidearm.jpg

Feedback welcomed or any ideas. 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I like that idea, but the only thing that worries me is your talk of white. White is bad, and there’s no need to willingly make that thing worse again 😀

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ArniVidar;106171 wrote:
I like that idea, but the only thing that worries me is your talk of white. White is bad, and there’s no need to willingly make that thing worse again 😀

Yeah, I like it too. Been thinking of a way to make it work for months. I’m going to talk it over with my tattoo artist asap. I wish to be done with this, putting a lot of money into it, but I’m not stopping until I get what I want, that’s all that’s to it. I see potential to turn it into an unbelievable piece. It’s going to bring me comfort into knowing the new direction will call for a messed up Superman and theme to the story I want it to portray.

I agree with the white as well. Here’s a couple pics of Bizzaro:

bizzaro_and_harley_quinn_by_icarus126.jpg
Bizarro_All-Star_Superman_001.jpg
BIZZ.jpg

What I meant was, I’m going to go with darker-tones to the Bizzaro suite, maybe a dark blue meets purple and black shading and do a light-bluish gray tone color to the skin, then obviously have the real Superman done perfectly to the standard. The background will work out nicely as well with the purple and pink sky and darker Superman symbols in the background. Seems appropriate.

I have a lot of time and money invested like I said, and this will probably take more of both, but with the vision I have, it’ll be worth it for my mind. It’s also fun to spice it up a bit. Really put out a badass piece.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You sure do love Superman!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Wardy;106173 wrote:
You sure do love Superman!

That’s the truth, haha. It’s funny how it all worked out because before the idea to do a coverup half sleeve, all I had was the symbol and a tribal band. After much thought, I said “what the hell” in covering up the tribal and going for a half-sleeve that was themed that I always wanted. Unfortunately, my older tattoo artist shit the bed (got in a Harley accident, claimed he was healthy enough to tattoo– bad mistake) forcing me to go elsewhere to find someone to fix a mess. I love my new artist and I want her to pull this off so I can be done with it for good!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think that this final change will completely change the tattoo from a fixer-upper to an actual sleeve piece. Since Bizarro is supposed to be Bizarre, you can enhance and embrace his ugliness 🙂

I just hope she can actually do a good Superman for you!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
ArniVidar;106177 wrote:
I think that this final change will completely change the tattoo from a fixer-upper to an actual sleeve piece. Since Bizarro is supposed to be Bizarre, you can enhance and embrace his ugliness 🙂

I just hope she can actually do a good Superman for you!

That’s the plan my man! She’s good, real good. I have 100% confidence in her so we’ll see how good she is in taking the pose I shown above and tweak it into making it work. Turning my ‘now Superman’ into Bizzaro won’t be a tough task, as you said above. It’ll be nice to finally embrace his ugliness since it’ll be the new theme. We’ll see if she can earn my money and turn this thing into a beaut. If you have anything to add, feel free to suggest anything or comment! Negative obviously welcomed as well. 😎

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the one problem with your bizzaro idea is the “s” on bizzaros chest is backwards and the superman you want to turn into bizzaro doesnt have a backwards “s”.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
yodaddynukka;106196 wrote:
the one problem with your bizzaro idea is the “s” on bizzaros chest is backwards and the superman you want to turn into bizzaro doesnt have a backwards “s”.

Yeah, there’s pretty much nothing I can do at this point other than make it look as grungy and dark as possible. Make it look more dark-purpleish so to speak. There are different renditions of Bizzaro, some have the “S” as is, and some have it backwards. Most interpretations have it backwards but I’m left to make it look as dark and dull as it can get. Maybe I can throw in some backward “S” shields in the background for the effect.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Let’s rewind a little. Who the fuck is bizzaro or whatever the hell he is called?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Wardy;106202 wrote:
Let’s rewind a little. Who the fuck is bizzaro or whatever the hell he is called?

Haha, Bizzaro was Superman’s arch nemesis, Lex Luthor’s, failed creation on cloning Superman so Lex can use him against Superman himself.

Instead of Lex’s creation coming out perfect, the experiment and cloning process went wrong and the clone came out all backwards of what Superman really is. He thinks backwards, talks backwards and is as imperfect as it comes to the real Superman in brains (although he has his power-set.) He even has a backwards world called “Bizzaro World” where Bizzaro himself has cloned his imperfect significant other, Bizzaro-Lois Lane.

It’s a pretty cool character, my favorite villain of Superman. Sometimes, he could be a friend, depending on how Superman deals with him as a pest or sometimes he comes around just to torment Supes and not cause any harm. In the new Superman movie coming out “Man Of Steel” in 2013, an evil Superman is rumored to make an appearance (Bizzaro.)

In fact, as soon as I went to my new artist to get it fixed, she said “He looks more like Bizzaro than Superman.” So, we can make it all work.

[/nerd.]

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

I actually think the tat looks really good! the background Is def sick.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Dasch-attack;106207 wrote:
I actually think the tat looks really good! the background Is def sick.

Thanks man. Here are other angles in case your interested in seeing the entire tattoo.

totaltat.jpg

I would obviously have to re-do the swoosh as well with darker tones. I’m thinking about having Superman inside of my arm in a fighting pose looking up at him while he’s flying away. Might sound corny in words but I have a pretty cool vision of it.

clay1680
@

Good idea i thinkthis will work out for the better actually, it gives it sort of a narrative and will complete the half sleeve nicely. and i like the idea of having some backward “S” symbols around the bottom inside arm to cap off the lower half of the sleeve and just have her do her thing with the rest because she killed(in a good way) the backgound and environment he is placed in.

SpideyFan
@

Why is Superman always depicted as a white man in tattoos?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.