goldengraemes
Participant
    @goldengraemes

Now my right 1/2 sleeve is finished in colour I have been thinking wether adding colour to my left sleeve is advisable/possible.
I haven’t got an up to date picture of my left arm but it is a bit lighter than the ones attached due to a year or so passing. What do you guys think?

http://www.thetattooforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3774&pictureid=7323

The Koi is similar in shading if not also lighter than the Lotus flowers.

DavidJednat
Participant
    @davidjednat

It’ll work just fine. If you look at Shige’s work you’ll see a lot of grey wash shading under the color. It’ll probably have a lot of depth to it. More so than traditional Japanese styles, but I like Shige’s style better than true traditional stuff anyway.

@davidjednat on Instagram.
Wardy
Participant
    @wardy

wouldn’t really call that a half sleeve, i’ve before seen a top that doesn’t go over your shoulder it’s called a sleeve for a reason, a big tattoo is not a sleeve.

Are you going to bark all day little doggy or are you going to bite?
hamsternuts
Participant
    @hamsternuts
Wardy;103506 wrote:
wouldn’t really call that a half sleeve, i’ve before seen a top that doesn’t go over your shoulder it’s called a sleeve for a reason, a big tattoo is not a sleeve.

thanks for clearing that up.

so…. no ACTUAL advice then, just being pedantic?

i have no advice for the OP, as i don’t know enough on the subject, so i wouldn’t comment at all.

why don’t you try that approach, rather than just being some sort of terminology

i don’t care if i get banned for this, (cos i’ve only been here a few weeks and i can see that this is like most forums where most members would rather be rude than helpful), but you are an almighty tool.

so many of your posts are just rude for the sake of it, or at the very least caustic.

“Cultivating whatever gave pleasure to my senses was always the chief business of my life; I never found any occupation more important. Feeling that I was born for the sex opposite of mine, I have always loved it and done all that I could to make myself loved by it.” Giacomo Casanova
hamsternuts
Participant
    @hamsternuts
Wardy;103506 wrote:

what is the point of that post exactly?

you’re not helping, so why just post to be pedantic?

“Cultivating whatever gave pleasure to my senses was always the chief business of my life; I never found any occupation more important. Feeling that I was born for the sex opposite of mine, I have always loved it and done all that I could to make myself loved by it.” Giacomo Casanova
DavidJednat
Participant
    @davidjednat

It’s pretty bad ass, that’s what it is. That close to the arm pit is torture. Plus, it’s a very well done tattoo.

@davidjednat on Instagram.
hamsternuts
Participant
    @hamsternuts

p.s. awesome tattoo

clay1680
    @

why are some people so stubborn on what a half-sleeve is. yea i can see if it doesnt wrap around or whatever else but this looks like a half sleeve to me and if its a little smallere than a what youd expect it to be, who gives a fuck…. sorry but getting onto the tattoo. Yes it would be simple to add color, some artists will do the whole piece in B n G then add color to add more depth and so on as David also said.