goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Now my right 1/2 sleeve is finished in colour I have been thinking wether adding colour to my left sleeve is advisable/possible.
I haven’t got an up to date picture of my left arm but it is a bit lighter than the ones attached due to a year or so passing. What do you guys think?

http://www.thetattooforum.com/picture.php?albumid=3774&pictureid=7323

The Koi is similar in shading if not also lighter than the Lotus flowers.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

It’ll work just fine. If you look at Shige’s work you’ll see a lot of grey wash shading under the color. It’ll probably have a lot of depth to it. More so than traditional Japanese styles, but I like Shige’s style better than true traditional stuff anyway.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

wouldn’t really call that a half sleeve, i’ve before seen a top that doesn’t go over your shoulder it’s called a sleeve for a reason, a big tattoo is not a sleeve.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
Wardy;103506 wrote:
wouldn’t really call that a half sleeve, i’ve before seen a top that doesn’t go over your shoulder it’s called a sleeve for a reason, a big tattoo is not a sleeve.

thanks for clearing that up.

so…. no ACTUAL advice then, just being pedantic?

i have no advice for the OP, as i don’t know enough on the subject, so i wouldn’t comment at all.

why don’t you try that approach, rather than just being some sort of terminology

i don’t care if i get banned for this, (cos i’ve only been here a few weeks and i can see that this is like most forums where most members would rather be rude than helpful), but you are an almighty tool.

so many of your posts are just rude for the sake of it, or at the very least caustic.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
Wardy;103506 wrote:

what is the point of that post exactly?

you’re not helping, so why just post to be pedantic?

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

It’s pretty bad ass, that’s what it is. That close to the arm pit is torture. Plus, it’s a very well done tattoo.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

p.s. awesome tattoo

clay1680
@

why are some people so stubborn on what a half-sleeve is. yea i can see if it doesnt wrap around or whatever else but this looks like a half sleeve to me and if its a little smallere than a what youd expect it to be, who gives a fuck…. sorry but getting onto the tattoo. Yes it would be simple to add color, some artists will do the whole piece in B n G then add color to add more depth and so on as David also said.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
clay1680;103514 wrote:
why are some people so stubborn on what a half-sleeve is. yea i can see if it doesnt wrap around or whatever else but this looks like a half sleeve to me and if its a little smallere than a what youd expect it to be, who gives a fuck…..

ive noticed that some people on here just bash on you to make themselves feel better, im glad i have better ways to make myself happy then putting people down… but anyway i love the tatt man i personally like the b&g and the contrast it has with the color but its your decision man itll look cool either way

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

guys there’s no need to get funny, its Wardy, nuff said, he’s a problem child lol he’s a very sweet kid really 😉

i think the tattoo will be fine to add colour, there’s a lot you could do with it if you wanted, you could even extend it if you wanted as it looks pretty open 🙂 good luck x

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Really don’t know what people’s problem is i never said anything about the tattoo being bad, the tattoo is awesome! im just saying it’s not a hard sleeve which it isn’t?

Adler
Participant
@adler
ALEX55;103519 wrote:
ive noticed that some people on here just bash on you to make themselves feel better, im glad i have better ways to make myself happy then putting people down…

That’s funny, because I’ve noticed some people on here are just overly sensitive little babies that can’t handle honest feedback and opinions.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;103532 wrote:
That’s funny, because I’ve noticed some people on here are just overly sensitive little babies that can’t handle honest feedback and opinions.

Exactly this.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would call that closer to a 1/4 sleeve then a half

The work looks nice crisp and clean. Congrats.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
Wardy;103506 wrote:

No Point of your post it may be a 1/3 of a sleeve or a 1/4 sleeve but who cares my right arm is a true half but my left may be work in progress. The question wasn’t about length more about what you can do with it.:eek: no pun intended.

I may look at extending it as it isn’t the same length as my right arm so am conscious of this. The tattoo is well done line works solid and shading is good but feel it could be better with colour potentially. The artist who did the piece isn’t as clued up as the artist who did my right arm in hindsight I would have had the piece start higher and finish lower but the idea was so I could continue to wear short sleeves for work but even at this length it was too long

What colours would you guys consider adding to this B+G piece concerned orange for the Koi may come across dirty so red may be better but did have a slight problem healing with red last time it was used.

Would the artist re- work or simply add colour, more shading in places on the Koi to add depth may be needed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.