Amok
Participant
@amok

We could definitely be a little nicer, but at the same time if you’re wanting HONEST opinions about your tattoo, this is the place to get it. However the responses you get will not always be to your liking.

Its like asking 100 people what they think of a painting, you’re going to get a bunch of different opinions.

Constructive criticism is helpful, negative comments aren’t, I spose. Sometimes they can be hard to differentiate.

oceanpearl
Participant
@oceanpearl

If you have really done your research and committed time and money resources into your tattoo then there is a very good chance that the people on this forum will recognize that, regardless of whether or not they personally like the style, etc.

I have personally had nothing but compliments on my tattoos, but then again, I already knew they were good!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ArniVidar;97212 wrote:
the truth is that MOST tattoos that are posted in here ARE bad… which people may not want to hear.

This. ^

p.s. Love the red hair.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;97735 wrote:
This. ^

p.s. Love the red hair.

Can’t blame people for there honesty tbh ๐Ÿ™‚ And what would the internet be without a little banter anyway ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
oceanpearl;97294 wrote:
If you have really done your research and committed time and money resources into your tattoo then there is a very good chance that the people on this forum will recognize that, regardless of whether or not they personally like the style, etc.

I have personally had nothing but compliments on my tattoos, but then again, I already knew they were good!

I could have written this.

I got nothing but compliments on mine, even though:

1) Its a so called “tramp stamp”
2) I’m a guy
3) I’m even straight.

Nevertheless, I researched my artist to the OCD level – she did a fantastic job on my tattoo. Therefore no-one could really bash it, even if they did acknowledge that I’m more than a little “weird” for getting this type of tattoo. ๐Ÿ˜€

Nuts, I see tattoos all the time that I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing – but if they’re well done, I admire them all the same. Good art is good art.

I’m constantly amazed at the sheer amount of crappy ink I see on the ‘Net. Much of it is on the borderline between good and “not quite” – but a lot of it looks like it was penned by a first grader; no exaggeration! Do these people THINK?

Think before you ink.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

This forum is horrible!

We have dumbasses with brown hair registering as “redhead” and apparently the board descriptions aren’t very clear… Because this board is meant for pics of tattoos… Which there are none of.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
maniacthw;97778 wrote:
We have dumbasses with brown hair registering as “redhead”

Oh behave. If you looked at her pic it shows that she’s true redhead, all the way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Redhead91
Participant
@redhead91

Thanks everyone for being so nice! I’ve been sticking around without posting, but now I’m happy to know that there’s a lot more than just haters out there. It just really bothers me when guys feel the need to private message me to insult my tattoo and make sexual comments at the same time (seriously?!).

BTW, I’m a TRUE redhead and sorry I posted in the wrong board. It was a mistake. Please don’t think of me as a dumbass or a bitch. I was just frustrated!

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Welcome back!!

It’s the internet. Frustration will happen. There are assholes out there, and a pic of anything remotely attractive on any public forum is seen to some as an invitation to PM and make lewd comments. Block what you need to, filter the rest. If there’s a malicious asshole, let someone know.

Nobody that’s been here for any length of time sits here waiting to bash anyone’s ink. That being said, if you ask for an opinion you’ll get it. Try not to take it personally. It’s hard because a tattoo is such a personal choice. You chose your tattoo, you chose your artist. When you weren’t happy, you tried to fix it. It may feel personal to hear it still isn’t good, but you came in knowing that. Shit happens, shit ink happens… it’s not a reflection on YOU personally.

I have a dancing bear on my ankle with blown lines and 20 years of sun damage. ๐Ÿ™ It’s getting covered. A lot of people here had bad ink at one time or another. You live, you learn, and you were smart enough to ask people with some experience what options you have. You’re not a dumbass!

Have you looked into doing anything with the ink? Blobby butterflies… and flower right??

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

And you have nothing to worry about because no matter who you get to do your tattoo my tribal will always be worse.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Redhead91;100364 wrote:
It just really bothers me when guys feel the need to private message me to insult my tattoo and make sexual comments at the same time (seriously?!).

I wish you would call them out by name in the open forum. No one deserves that.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;100374 wrote:

She should actually name them out? why not they deserve it?

I must admit though i would cry laughing if she just said now “buttwheat”

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
buttwheat;100374 wrote:

We had asshole of the week on a forum I ran years ago. All scumbag PMs got forwarded to me, then I’d post em all and we’d vote on them in the open forum. Bonus points if they included personal pics and phone numbers. ๐Ÿ˜€

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
JENerationX;100376 wrote:
We had asshole of the week on a forum I ran years ago. All scumbag PMs got forwarded to me, then I’d post em all and we’d vote on them in the open forum. Bonus points if they included personal pics and phone numbers. ๐Ÿ˜€

well that would be kind of boring in a way because im already this forum’s asshole ๐Ÿ˜Ž Nobody can win that title off me.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;100375 wrote:
She should actually name them out? why not they deserve it?

I must admit though i would cry laughing if she just said now “buttwheat”

No I meant no one deserves to harassed like that. I’m for calling them out.

And I only harass people openly and publicly on the forum.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.