Redhead91
Participant
@redhead91

I have looked through tons of threads on this forum and I am upset, but I can’t take this place anymore. Instead of being a forum where we can all share ideas and look at tattoos, this is apparently a forum meant for people to talk about how much everybody else’s tattoo sucks. I have not seen one tattoo picture posted where everybody didn”t rip it to shreds and completely insult the poster. I myself posted and instead of help all I got were some inappropriate, sexual comments about my hair color. I am disgusted by how everyone acts here.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no member should inappropriately comment or contact any other rmember, I hope the moderators will take care of this…………

I do think however that some of us are taken the wrong way. The majority of the work I have seen posted on here isnt very good………the popularity of the tattoo culutre has brought many people who truly lack the skiills as an artist to be a good tattoo artist, they can run a machine and put ink in your skin but they have little skill as an artist and cannot produce high quality tattoo work. There are also many more shops than ever before and the majority of them I wouldnt let tattoo my dogs ass.
My friend a shop owner googled tattoo shops here in Atlanta and found nearly 300 listings, 4 or 6 of them I would actually let anyone I know go visit.

I want to see people get good tattooes. I am approcahed daily…….I will be tonight at dinner…..BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE INK THEY DO NOT LIKE………people seem to cheap out on ink, they also dont do any research, to me my body is pretty important, I dont let just anyone touch it. They have $1000 rims, $150 tennis shoes, $500 in gold on but an $80 half sleeve that even they admit sucks.

As I said before I am here to help anyhone I can, I will go to a shop with you and help you get what you want and what your body deserves. My critisism is not out of meaness, it is out of concern that too many people are getting ripped off and having their bodies messed up by folks who are not artists but are takign advantage of people

InkedArky
Participant
@inkedarky

I have have experienced a little of this but I have also seen some great advice. I think any forum you use will have the same amount of people dissatisfied with their own work so they rip on everyone’s work to feel better about their own. It’s a Tattoo forum you have to have tough skin around here.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

and I dont think we will knock on your ink becasue ours is bad, you may not like my choices but I do, my album is open to you. But I have been tomany conventions, I have been in shops all over the world, I know and have met alot of artists, I have hung out in shops every week for 33 years now. I try and give you sincere, real advice you can use,

there will always be internet bullies on any forum, but we dont listen to them

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

The only “your tattoo sucks” comments I don’t like are the people who say things like “I hate tribal so yours sucks”. Hating because you don’t like a style is irreleven when someone asks what you think.

Most of the comments here are about quality of workmanship and the artists abilities within his/her craft. If you ask “what do you think” you should get answers about linework, shading, coloring, placement, etc, as those are the qualities that distinguish good tattoos from bad ones. And although I myself am fairly new to the tattoo world, I will say that a majority of the work I see isn’t very good. And I also see many posters hating their own tattoos.

If you like your tattoo that’s all that counts, so it shouldn’t matter if the rest of the world doesn’t. I for one am very happy with my simple eagle for my 1st tattoo. I know for a fact my 2nd tattoo will be special, so I will take my sweet time searching for the right artist to take my concept from my head to paper to skin.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I am sorry that you feel that the forum is terrible, but looking at your own thread there is harly much wrong with it. Yes, it goes off topic a bit, but this is true of many/most threads in all forums. The risk of running off topic is just the way of the internet forum structure.

Perhaps you should give the thread some time to garner actual intelligent responses… that it’s only garnered mostly useless responses in it’s first two days is hardly unusual.

About the rest of the threads in here being all about the negativity, that is not the fault of the participants. We try to encourage people to be honest in here without being overly obnoxious, but the truth is that MOST tattoos that are posted in here ARE bad… which people may not want to hear.

BigAl
Participant
@bigal

No one knocked my ink but that might be because I actually took the time to figure out what I wanted then found someone who could actually pull it off and now I am paying for it I mean come on I have $1000 in a half sleeve that not complete yet LOL but I like it and like the above says I think my body is pretty important most people want straight out opinions and opinions are like assholes everyone has one and most of them stink…

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Redhead91;97207 wrote:
I have looked through tons of threads on this forum and I am upset, but I can’t take this place anymore. Instead of being a forum where we can all share ideas and look at tattoos, this is apparently a forum meant for people to talk about how much everybody else’s tattoo sucks. I have not seen one tattoo picture posted where everybody didn”t rip it to shreds and completely insult the poster. I myself posted and instead of help all I got were some inappropriate, sexual comments about my hair color. I am disgusted by how everyone acts here.

Apparently you haven’t been here much. There are plenty of threads that don’t rip apart a tattoo if the work is decent. If however, you come here and post a tattoo that you admit is messed up, don’t expect people to tell you how awesome it is.

You got some decent advice in your thread. Option 1, laser and then have a good artist fix it. Option 2, talk to a good cover artist. Operative word being GOOD.

As others have stated, just because someone is capable of tattooing you doesn’t mean they deserve to permanently mark your skin. Choose your artist carefully.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You’re right we all need to be much nicer. From now on I will be nicer and not tell the truth about the crappy tattoos that sometimes get posted here.
Thank you making me aware that I’m mean. I will work hard on being a better person

Joink
Participant
@joink

Here’s how it works..Someone gets inked and is still all psyched up and excited about it. They come here and expect everyone else to feel the same excitement and tell them how badass their ink looks. Just like everything else in the world, people have opinions and sometimes it isn’t what they want to hear. They get butthurt because they realize their ink is not as good looking as they think it is to everyone else. What they fail to realize is that it doesn’t matter what other people think, it’s what they think about it because it’s on their body. Not everyone liked my dragon tattoo on my arm, but I like it and that’s all that matters.

It’s like if someone bought a piece of shit motorcycle and then went to a motorcycle forum and posted about how awesome their motorcycle is. Some people will say it’s a piece of shit, others will say it’s cool.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Internet… serious business

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Redhead, why don’t you go fuck yourself with a rusty dildo and die of tetanus you whiny bitch?

See, not every post is about how someone’s tattoo sucks–sometimes it’s about how much you suck as a person.

For the record, you post some scratcher abomination, we’re going to tell you the truth about it. But you post something worth while, you’re going to get a completely different reaction. Now please shut your pie hole and quit with your bitching already.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

If people seem mean here, it’s because of all the dumbass questions and the lamest scratchiest shit that get posted. If anything, people are pretty honest in this forum.
I hate half the shit that most people on here consider good tattoos, but that’s tattoos. Different strokes for different folks.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

You need to ignore the grumpy ones and smile at the funny ones and just read the forum. It is a good place
to wake up with morning coffee, better then the daily news paper.

Megan

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

I don’t think this forum is filled with haters. People will tell you what they think of your ink.

If someone is just going to post that they don’t like your choice of motif, well tell them to fuck off. It’s not for them to decide what you put on your body.

But the vast majority of the responses I’ve seen on here are good to go. People aren’t here to troll threads. They’re here to see some cool work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.