Amok
Participant
@amok
JENerationX;96923 wrote:
If the website is not being kept up to date, it’s doing more harm than good. People look everything up online these days and that’s what they’re going by. Even if the word of mouth is great… someone can hear about an artist, then go look at the website and decide the person that recommended the artist was just high at the time judging by the 2 year old inconsistencies they see online.

It’s easy enough now to upload pics to Facebook or something similar, that I would actually recommend pulling the website down and redirecting people to whatever online presence IS being kept up to date.

Sweet color work on that one!

My artist has photos of his artwork from no more recent than 2002, he doesn’t update it because he doesn’t want any more customers. I agree that it does more harm than good but for some people it’s not an issue. He’s financially secure, wish I was in that boat!

NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender
Amok;96941 wrote:
My artist has photos of his artwork from no more recent than 2002, he doesn’t update it because he doesn’t want any more customers. I agree that it does more harm than good but for some people it’s not an issue. He’s financially secure, wish I was in that boat!

as do i man haha. we are in a major city area(boston). hes built his clientele up over the past 10 years and is set. hes not concerned or has the time to upload his photos on every single website hes apart of. facebook has become the new way to spread and gain clients. i post a solid tattoo and someone has to find something wrong to criticize. not even related to this tattoo haha

InkedArky
Participant
@inkedarky

Man the Hunter S Thompson portrait is great I have most of his books, I have thought about doing the Gonzo Fist.
Great Tattoo Kudos to you man.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
NickPrender;96945 wrote:
i post a solid tattoo and someone has to find something wrong to criticize. not even related to this tattoo haha

Sounds like us in here then 🙂

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Amok;96941 wrote:

Not trying to criticize the work or the artists guys…. just saying I work in internet advertising/promotion and the worst “sin” is an outdated site. Better not to have a site, than one that’s years out of date.

Actually Facebook is great for artists. Their clients can friend them, take pics of the healed tatts and tag the artist. That’s some kick ass word of mouth/portfolio all in one.

I’ve never been a fan of color portraits, but holy shit…. I may have just changed my mind. The color use in that is fantastic. I love the background.

cr1mnl
Participant
@cr1mnl

That is fucken primo. HST is/was a fucken legend. My next piece will be somehow HST related, just trying to figure out what I want. Thinking a Sugar Skull wearing the hat and shades with cigarette holder. Hopefully I can get someone that can pull it off as well as yours.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.