Sherav
Participant
@sherav

5 mins? Damn I would use numbing cream and really make that one off experience last!
The ink is a wip so there is a lot of things to do with it yet.

Overall I am very happy with my ink – I like the style and even with the numerals issue etc I know that I will get it sorted out. People have been constructive and all taken onboard so thank-you for the input.

My only real beef at the moment is the healing as it is over a skin graph and still swollen and sore as hell after 6 days.

I think might have to postpone the next sitting 🙁

thanks matt

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I’d probably never notice the roman numerals were off unless I was really studying it. All in all it’s an interesting design. I can’t wait to see it finished.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Just a quick update I finally had my dragon koi coloured in – I will likely need some small touch ups and a bit of darker shading over the numerals where the glass has had shadow breaks put in (although now nearly healed the ink is much darker over the numerals).

However I will get him to run a little more over it and also a bit on the face, and maybe darken the pupils.

LegTattoo.jpg

Overall I am very happy with it but found that with being tattooed over a skin graph it has been the most difficult of my tattoos to date.

The colours are holding in ok as I am starting to peel but noted that the yellow is much paler than when just finished (not used this pigment before) but still looks nice and will post up pics when fully healed.

Keeping the ink in required a lot more work for the artist – fortunately he was very patient and tried not overwork the area.

However some deep scabbing seemed inevitable and a couple of patches where the ink dropped out over a really scarred area (now fixed).

Swelling was also a major problem and had to keep a double eye open for infection.

Pain: It was extreme in places but was warned of this as they were working over areas of sensitive skin that had already being damaged.

It was good to know that it can be achieved and that now I have some ink for ppl to stare at and not the scar.

Take care
Matthew

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks great man. I like the depth that was added to the watch face. Was that added to distract from the previous discussed reason?

sambopr
Participant
@sambopr

Very nice detail!

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

brilliant mate, although i preferred it before! but that’s just me, i’ve never liked colours meself

and i don’t like asian or koi work normally, so the fact i like it must mean it’s mega awesome

American Infidel
Participant
@american-infidel

Looks pretty rad. When do you think you will finish it? how many more sessions? lol

DragonSiren
Participant
@dragonsiren

Loving the pocket watch with the dragon-koi and the lotus flower is looking beautiful. In fact the whole thing is pretty awsome never really occured to me to mix things in with japanese style. But it really works well on your peice!
Congratulations so far, looking forward to more pics of your progress!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Look’s awesome Sherav dude congrats!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.