MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf

Ok so the story is that last month i found a job and they pay good (doesnt matter lol) so i decided to get a new tattoo because tattoos are my love and i think that i’ll get at least more 2-3 during my life
one of the movies that i love is V For Vandetta, one of the best movies i’ve seen.. the movies inspires me a lot and i thought like if i have the money and the will to get a new tattoo so i guess vandetta will be the best choice
the studio is “Zvoov kaakoim” (which in hebrew means “fly tattoos” that is located in the north district in Israel if someone intrested..

the sentence below V is from the movie “Fight Club”
“That was freedom. Losing all hope was freedom”.

292819_2365682665337_1348511651_2794210_7753598_n.jpg

and heres my old tattoo too:
wftjznlzhjnd.jpg

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Nice, it looks well done.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Interesting. I don’t think the quote fits at all and just doesn’t belong.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

V For Vendetta is a comic book that has NOTHING to do with the movie. If you’re not a hardcore anarchist, that was a stupid choice for a tattoo.

With that said, at least it looks well done.

MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf

Please, i didnt asked your opinion. you dont know me, you dont know why i got this tattoo. i got this tattoo because of the movie, because i loved to movie and the man in the mask, i didnt read the comics, I’ve seen the movie, and like it.

I’m not anarchist, but sometimes revolutions are good.
by the way, what happened in the movie, that UK became NAZI or something, reminds me of what happened to my grandfather and his family during the holocaust (Nazi germany and what happened to the jews there).

and i know that the sentence has almost nothing to to with V (two different movies and stuff) but i liked them so much that i had to combine them somehow, and you cant say that they absolutely have nothing to do with, because in the movie V for vandetta, they talk about freedom and stuff.

thanks for the comments though

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
MaxZF;95300 wrote:
Please, i didnt asked your opinion. you dont know me, you dont know why i got this tattoo. i got this tattoo because of the movie, because i loved to movie and the man in the mask, i didnt read the comics, I’ve seen the movie, and like it.

The man in the mask is a comic version of Guy Fawkes in modern day. You should read into him. If you’re into revolutions, you’d like reading into the Gun Powder Treason.

MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf
maniacthw;95301 wrote:
The man in the mask is a comic version of Guy Fawkes in modern day. You should read into him. If you’re into revolutions, you’d like reading into the Gun Powder Treason.

good comment 🙂
yeah, i want to buy it. its just that i dont think they sell copies of it in Israel, of course ill try to find it. and yeah i know who is Guy Fawkes, i love his story, though he didnt did what he wanted to do, his story is amazing and too bad that in Israel we dont celebrate his holiday.

btw, im thinking of adding some new sentences to my tattoo, like “Remember Remember, the 5th of November” and things like that. whats your offer? 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks reasonable well done.

If you weren’t looking for opinions and comments why did you post it here?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
MaxZF;95302 wrote:
good comment 🙂
yeah, i want to buy it. its just that i dont think they sell copies of it in Israel, of course ill try to find it. and yeah i know who is Guy Fawkes, i love his story, though he didnt did what he wanted to do, his story is amazing and too bad that in Israel we dont celebrate his holiday.

btw, im thinking of adding some new sentences to my tattoo, like “Remember Remember, the 5th of November” and things like that. whats your offer? 🙂

My suggestion is you buy the comic, read it, and pick out your favorite quote from there. I’d offer up the chance to buy it and ship it to you, but I have a feeling the NSA might not like that so much.

Demolition comics ships international, however. You should be able to get it from them, and if you liked the movie, you’d love the book. If it weren’t for this movie, I would’ve never got back into comics. By far my favorite comic ever written.

If you like V, you’ll also like Watchmen, League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and From Hell… All written by Alan Moore (out of the UK).

MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf
buttwheat;95303 wrote:
Looks reasonable well done.

If you weren’t looking for opinions and comments why did you post it here?

I look for comments, thought i’m not asking comments like “why did you got this tattoo?” because nobody here knows me, maybe i’m the one who started the revolution in Egypt, you cant judge me if you dont know me.. im into revolutions, and i’m related to these things.

I ask comments like if my tattoo is well done, or if it has some things that i should fix and things like that.
The idea is something that i personally love.

MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf
maniacthw;95304 wrote:
My suggestion is you buy the comic, read it, and pick out your favorite quote from there. I’d offer up the chance to buy it and ship it to you, but I have a feeling the NSA might not like that so much.

Demolition comics ships international, however. You should be able to get it from them, and if you liked the movie, you’d love the book. If it weren’t for this movie, I would’ve never got back into comics. By far my favorite comic ever written.

If you like V, you’ll also like Watchmen, League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and From Hell… All written by Alan Moore (out of the UK).

thank you for the excellent comment!
though i dont like books, and if i read a book it will take me months to read it all, Fight Club is the only book i read till the end in only one day, and V For Vandetta is one of my favorite subjects, so thankts to you maybe tomorrow i’ll go to the biggest books/comic store in Israel and ill search for the comic and the other things you suggested. btw i saw the movie watchman and its amazing !

Adler
Participant
@adler
MaxZF;95302 wrote:
…btw, im thinking of adding some new sentences to my tattoo, like “Remember Remember, the 5th of November” and things like that. whats your offer? 🙂

Don’t over clutter and ruin this tattoo by adding a bunch more text. I don’t understand why people sometimes feel the need to write a damn paragraph next to their tattoos. Leave it as is and move on. I hope that is an acceptable comment.

MaxZF
Participant
@maxzf
Adler;95307 wrote:
Don’t over clutter and ruin this tattoo by adding a bunch more text. I don’t understand why people sometimes feel the need to write a damn paragraph next to their tattoos. Leave it as is and move on. I hope that is an acceptable comment.

yes it is. im just “Open for more ideas” maybe i’ll find something that i love, who knows..

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
MaxZF;95306 wrote:
thank you for the excellent comment!
though i dont like books, and if i read a book it will take me months to read it all, Fight Club is the only book i read till the end in only one day, and V For Vandetta is one of my favorite subjects, so thankts to you maybe tomorrow i’ll go to the biggest books/comic store in Israel and ill search for the comic and the other things you suggested. btw i saw the movie watchman and its amazing !

Happy hunting. Comics are one subject I’m decent with. If you find you fancy Alan Moore, you might want to check out books by Garth Ennis (Preacher, and Marvel’s Punisher MAX).

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
MaxZF;95308 wrote:
yes it is. im just “Open for more ideas” maybe i’ll find something that i love, who knows..

To fit with the revolution theme, just put “Everyone has a story. Everyone.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.