brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

98dc7f4a.jpg

So, I got this tattoo almost 3 weeks ago….I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it. I wanted it shaded a lighter gray, and my artist shaded it pretty dark. I also think it’s not a very good shading job on the tattoo itself. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Maybe go to a different artist and ask their opinion?

Honest opinions please!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

a couple of lines are wonky like one of the three lines coming off the bottem of it look’s like the artist had a twitch in he’s arm at one point.

Go to a different artist as the quality doesn’t look that great if im being honest but i can’t say anything really because i have a really bad tattoo on my left arm which is a tribal 🙂

99% of people have a bad tattoo experience 🙂

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

I think that’s what I am going to do…I think I’m gonna give it a few more months to completely heal, then save some money up and find a different artist and see what they recommend. It just sucks because this is the same artist that did my other tat which I absolutely love…but this was not what I was looking for….

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

You should go in and talk to him and show him how it’s turned out.

That’s what i would do 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’d like to see a picture of your other tattoo because this one is bad in so many ways. Let it heal and see what happens but it looks like the issues have nothing to do with healing. It’s hard to correct horrible lines without thickening them ( I’m pretty sure) but the shading can be improved by a better artist. The larger rose is terrible and I’m not an artist so I’m not exactly sure what can be done with this but it’s not good at all. Sorry just being honest and stating what you already know. I’d stay the hell away from the artist that did this tattoo.

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

That’s what I was afraid off….and it was the bigger rose that I thought was bad as well. Im mostly just not happy with the way it’s shaded and the as for the lines, I was planning on getting them thickened up. So, you think I should ask some other artists about what can be done?

Adler
Participant
@adler
brok3npr0mise;95078 wrote:
… So, you think I should ask some other artists about what can be done?

Yeah I’d say so although some artists might be reluctant to touch someone else’s work. I just don’t see how it would make sense to go to the same artist who screwed it up in the first place and trust them to make it better. It’s not just the shading it’s the overall execution. I think there’s only a couple of artists on this board but I’d be curious what they would say if they jump in on this. Regardless, nothing can be done until it’s fully healed anyway. Good luck.

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

well thats just great 🙁

Would adding color possibly fix this?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
brok3npr0mise;95081 wrote:
Would adding color possibly fix this?

No it won’t but it will help. A good artist will have to rework the whole tattoo going over almost every line increasing the weight on them to try to straighten them out. I’m sorry that you got a shitty tattoo. What made you decide to have this person tattoo you? was it done at a shop? I’m just curious because it is really bad on so many levels. Good luck on getting it fixed. do you need some help choosing a new artist?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;95077 wrote:
this one is bad in so many ways

Quote:
+1 The line work, the art work itself, and the shading are all poorly done. :/

@Adler 95077 wrote:

I’d stay the hell away from the artist that did this tattoo.

Again, I agree. Hopefully another artist can fix this up for you but it’s going to take some doing.

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

Well, my mom and I both have had a tattoo done by this artist and they had both turned out really well. I definitely will not be going back to them and yes, it was at a shop. I am probably going to need some help picking a new artist, yes.

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

Yes, I went to shop. This artist did my last tattoo and one of my moms and they came out great. But, I will definitely not be going back. Looks like I am gonna need a little help picking out a new artist.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
brok3npr0mise;95100 wrote:
Looks like I am gonna need a little help picking out a new artist.

What corner of the world are you from?

brok3npr0mise
Participant
@brok3npr0mise

Northeast Ohio

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
brok3npr0mise;95158 wrote:
Northeast Ohio

Some artists to check out:

Matty McTatty
Anthony DuBois
Kore Flatmo
Mason Tattoo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.