jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob

friends cousin did tattoos his pieces look nice on his facebook ….but MINE DOESNT! its not even centured in the middle if it is possible how big will it have to be to be a nice star? will it have to be filled in? anyone have any ideas

crookedtat.jpg

i was thinking aboout doing this
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=star+tattoo&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=8mkxleVfvHOb0M:&imgrefurl=http://jmk1999.deviantart.com/art/Suzy-Q-star-tattoo-110184632&docid=NKHE_i6w0akORM&w=432&h=432&ei=ATcxTovPLIzXiALOvPWdBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1185&vpy=348&dur=98&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=76&ty=201&page=6&tbnh=155&tbnw=155&start=137&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:137&biw=1600&bih=693

just coloring the whole inside? at a tattoo shop ofcourse

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

the fact that it’s not centered is killer… to make that work I believe you’re going to need a very good artist, just because you’re walking into your local tattoo shop doesn’t mean you’re talking to a good artist, remember that. That said, swing by a couple and see what their ideas are…my guess (and I don’t have one artistic bone in my body) is that the artists will suggest a combo laser/the cover up.

May I ask though, why would you get a tattoo outside of a real shop? Especially since some people aren’t even happy with the work they get inside shops. I’m really just curious.

–tom

jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob

i ask myself the same thing bro….. could be that im 17 and lets say ignorant? should have waiting ….. I was thinking of having it filled in? bigger ofcourse to possibly make it straight? how much would it cost per sesh do u think to lazor it off? its only a few days old can i do anything to fade it?

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

A few days old might be a few too many because it’s the first couple that are most critical to healing, but a rule of thumb is doing everything to the piece that you’re not supposed to….soak it in some nice hot water, get some sun, and the like…

I think the problem with just having it filled in is that since it’s off center the new star would basically have to consume the old star and be big enough to be center at the same time. From what I see in the pic it looks like the piece is offset to the pictures right, so I’m guessing an artist would recommend getting the right half of the star lazered(right half being the right side of the pictured image) so they could downsize the overall size of the coverup star.

Costs of a lazer session…I have no f*#king idea honestly.

jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob

bah one of those things you wish you can go back in time :/ time to save up for lazor …. i see alot say 50 square inch i wonder if they mean of ink? cause this aint filled in so ? idk got to see ima go to a shop today see if the can do anything

jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob
mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

he is a poor artist…..bad…….lazer in ATL, NC is $150 an hour, I wouldnt lazer, Id cover it up, let it fully heal

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
jacob310jacob;92703 wrote:
I just dont see how he did so bad on mine when these roses look nice

No it doesn’t it looks like shit just not as shitty as yours
270294_187860121272318_100001449948769_541185_7204563_n.jpg

When you go to a scrather be happy that that’s all you get is a crappy tattoo no infection no hepatitis and no aids.

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

That will be a simple fix for a good artist. You have good space around it. People do all kinds of stupid crap so no need to kick yourself. Concentrate on the fix. If it were me(and it was a time or 2) i would do some research to get an idea of what i would like then find a good artist who will sketch a few ideas for me to see. Could be as simple as a better star or a complete cover. Mostly depends on you.

jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob

im hoping thats the case …. how lond does it take for a full heal

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

That little bit of work will heal fast. maybe a week or 2. when the peeling stops its good to go. I just got a few big ones(knee to ankle) and they are taking 4 weeks for a good to go heal.

jacob310jacob
Participant
@jacob310jacob

the tattoo guy said buy wrecking balm … does that work on new tattoos its about 6 days old

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

It will not remove it but should lighten up the color which will only help with the cover up. It certainly cannot hurt and now is the best time to start using it since your tattoo is so new you should get the best effect out of it. Give it a shot. 1 or 2 shades lighter will make a big difference for the cover. I am not a tattoo artist, just a collector with 40 or so and still counting for some reason.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
jacob310jacob;92801 wrote:
the tattoo guy said buy wrecking balm … does that work on new tattoos its about 6 days old

You want to rub toxins/poisons/acids/whatever into your open wounds? Go right ahead dude… it can’t hurt at all!

As for filling it up, that would not look good in my opinion.

CaptJon
Participant
@captjon

You are a moderator and THIS is how you answer someone looking for help? Good lord, try not to help too many people with your words of wisdom.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.