tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

Hello guys, this would be my first tattoo. Goin for a sailer/pin up girl design and want to post a few pictures that would hopefully sum up what i want my tattoo to be like and see your view on it 😛

tattooideapopeyen.jpg

I want the tattoo on his arm with the rope going around the arm and the anchor, i dont want the tin of spinich lol. My idea is to have the anchor stretched down my fore arm into a pole and have a navy pin up girl on the pole. I couldn’t find any royal navy pin up girls, however i have the royal navy uniform and a few positions and pin ups i spotted.

tattoopinup.th.jpg
tattoopinup2.th.jpg
tattoopinup3.th.jpg
tattoopinup4.th.jpg
tattoopinup5.th.jpg
royalnavyuniform.th.jpg

Sorry if its a bit messy 😮

tell me honestly wether you think its a good, or terrible idea 😛 thanks.

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

Forgot to add, i also want the rest of the fore arm coverd in bright blue waves

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

I have always been a fan of christina aguilera in this video. It’s a classic pose with a modern twist.

David Corden is a true master artist when it comes to pin-up girls. He’s based in the UK, and an all-round nice bloke. http://tattoosnob.com/tag/david-corden/

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

that’s very big for a first tattoo.. you might be able to handle it but i would recommend getting something small for your first then if you don’t mind it go to something big but thats just me haha.

And very intresting!

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

cheers guys 😀 I have time to think about it, i go to sea for a few months soon, im planning on getting it when i come back.

Ive looked on the site and cant seem to find it, but what is the average price of tats? My local place which ive heard alot of good reviews from charges £70 an hour. Is this good, or should i get it cheaper because im booking alot of hours or what? cheers.

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu
Kaleoz;85235 wrote:
I have always been a fan of christina aguilera in this video. It’s a classic pose with a modern twist.

David Corden is a true master artist when it comes to pin-up girls. He’s based in the UK, and an all-round nice bloke. http://tattoosnob.com/tag/david-corden/

Love that christina aguilera pose! 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s hard to say prices mate different studio’s charge different prices where i go it’s £50 a hour and they do it amazing quality, it’s not all about price because sometimes it’s worth paying abit extra go into different tattoo studio’s and have a look at some of their work and see which you think is the best and ask them how much it will be.

where i go that would be about £150!

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

Is that mates rates or for everybody? Where is it you go, i dont live to far from st helens, i live in warrington :p Also do you think that would take 3 hours? :O

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

i would think that would take abit longer than 3hours dude 😮 haha and i go SkinKandi in st. Helens Duke Street very good studio you should go dude!

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

coz u said £50 an hour and £150 lol. How long would you estimate for it to take, and would it be £50 an hour for me?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

50 a hour for everybody dude

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

A well-done pinup could take longer than 8 hours. (Depending on size) …and save up for it. 🙂

Take your time choosing at artist. If you’re looking outside your local area, then I recommend looking at David Corden. He works at Ritual Art LINK

http://www.ritual-art-tattoo.com

I’m only mentioning him again because I got to see him working here in Australia last week and was blown away by his work.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
WardyInk;85237 wrote:
that’s very big for a first tattoo.. you might be able to handle it but i would recommend getting something small for your first then if you don’t mind it go to something big but thats just me haha.

And very intresting!

Go big or go back. No point in getting a small one as a tester.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
WardyInk;85249 wrote:
It’s hard to say prices mate different studio’s charge different prices where i go it’s £50 a hour and they do it amazing quality, it’s not all about price because sometimes it’s worth paying abit extra go into different tattoo studio’s and have a look at some of their work and see which you think is the best and ask them how much it will be.

where i go that would be about £150!

Could you post some pics of their amazing work because 50 Quid= about $82.00 and that is cheap as hell.

tomdoubleu
Participant
@tomdoubleu

Thanks for the input guys. My local “voodo tattoo” ive heard nothing but good reviews from it, and its £70 an hour. Is this about averag? also should i try and get price down due to it being a lot of work 8 hours+. A mate of mine in the army said alot of tattoo studies do military discounts, dont think this would be true anybody heard of this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.