neffyiffy
Participant
@neffyiffy

Been feeling a little depressed because this tattoo means alot to me… and I love it… if i would have anything on my upper arm, it would be that word because it means alot to me, its who i am as a person, and theres alot of stories/meaning behind it for me (literally)… and its one of the most beautiful words to me… so if i had a choice to pick anything for my upper arm where itd be visible for everyone to see id pick that one… but i already have that tattooed onto my left wrist…. wouldnt you think that girl is dumb…. if you found out that she got it again on her upper right arm… the same exact thing… in the same exact style/writing… (cursive)… im pretty depressed about it.. and i feel helpless. i feel like a fool. i want it on my upper arm now instead. and i barely got that shit a few weeks ago…

there are only 3 more options…. well 4… a.) just leave everything the way it is, b.) get the upper arm tattoo but of something else instead… c.) get the same exact thing on the upper arm and so therefore have two of the exact same thing… or d.) remove the one on the wrist and then get it on the upper arm or cover it up with something else on the wrist (which would be hard for me though I must admit…because I love the one on my wrist too… its kind of like the feeling of aborting a baby)…

here’s how it looks like… i think its gorgeous… but part of me heavily wishes i wouldve done it on my upper arm instead. i literally feel like i love it both on my wrist and my upper arm… goes beautifully both ways but i shouldve taken more time to think about it… and now i just feel conflicted and depressed. i love the tattoo, but i love it so much that the uncertainty of the location depresses me. especially now that ive already got it on my wrist..

to sum it all up: I want both but i can’t have both. I love it both on the wrist and on the upper arm. but i cant have everything. so now my tendency for depression and overthinking is kicking in again.

passion.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

My serious piece of advice is do not mess with ink that is fine unless you want to add to it with more good ink.
The wrist piece is fine and I would not go through the pain and risk of scarring for a removal.

The cover-up would mean something very large dark and would simply run a chance of leaving you with a poor tattoo on your wrist that was not necessary.

As for the one on your upper arm – there is nothing wrong with getting more ink and you could get an image of what you are passionate about rather than just the word.

The thing is you have to relax your head about the wrist tattoo when we are feeling down we question everything and then when it passes we think ‘why was I worrying about that?’

I would strongly recommend a break from any further ink until you have had time to settle and feel better about the work you have had done.

Take care
Matthew

neffyiffy
Participant
@neffyiffy

Thank you for your consideration Matt, much appreciated… I dont want to bitch and whine about it but I honestly do feel pretty depressed about that right now.. Who knew that something so extremely good to you could cause something else so bad haha. I was thinking maybe a solution could be to get it anyway on my upper right arm… but just add a few extra pretty designs wrapped around it so that it’s not 100% identical… the word itself would look exactly the same as it does on the wrist but id just have a very small / beautiful border dispersed around it… what do you think?… (honest opinions only please people, i would appreciate that alot more than something said just for the sake of being nice unless you mean it… cause this is permanent as we all know of course 🙂 )

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Well… Why did you get it on your wrist in the first place?
If you’re regretting this one after only a few weeks, odds are, you’ll regret having it covered up or tattooed on your upper arm as well.

I have a small tattoo on my chest, which I did regret. It’s something similar, just a couple of words that mean a lot to me. I got it when I was 16 and flatbroke, so I did it small because I couldn’t afford anything else, and wanted to be able to cover it up easily. It’s been there for four years now,and I’m keeping it. I’m planning a bigger tattoo which symbolizes the same thing, but I’m still keeping the small one. Now I just find it kinda charming, and it reminds me to re-think my tattoos 🙂

neffyiffy
Participant
@neffyiffy

Totally feel you sweetheart. Feels better to know someone else out there understands and that I’m not the only one. and the thing is….. the reason why im depressed isnt because I dont like the tattoo on my wrist… its the fact that i love it so much that i wish i could have it on my upper arm too… but theres just something about having the same thing twice that is just no bueno… im pretty sure u can see what i mean. so im wondering how it would be like if i got the same exact thing on my upper right arm… but just add a few extra meaningful designs around it… i dont know. i just feel conflicted right now :/

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

This is just my opinion.

The wrist tattoo isnt the greatest, for instance look at the kerning (gap) between the p and the a its a little off also the first and second s look like they dont quite match.

So my suggestion is that you get the wrist lasered to lighten it up then find a much better artist to do your “passion” tattoo on you upper arm while also giving you a piece to be proud of on your wrist.

Good luck and please stay calm I m sure it wil all come good with some planning and patience.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Why don’t you just take your time, and if you find an image that symbolizes the meaning you want, get that done on your upper-arm? You don’t have to figure it out today 🙂
You can get an image with a banner, or incorperate the word in other ways. I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
It’s like Matthew says, you’ll wonder what you worried so much about later.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

It’s still new to you. Give it time, and don’t do anything while you’re conflicted. When you’re certain about what you want, that’s the time to act.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Is this thread for real? You are very passionate about the word “passion”.
Try coming up with an original idea for your arm. I think you will be happier with an artistic piece there as opposed to a stupid word.

neffyiffy
Participant
@neffyiffy
xxTOPDOGxx;77415 wrote:
Is this thread for real? You are very passionate about the word “passion”.
Try coming up with an original idea for your arm. I think you will be happier with an artistic piece there as opposed to a stupid word.

I hope… Im still not 100% there yet but I think I’m still just getting used to it since this is my first one and it means alot to me. If it’s anything I would want someone else to know about who my inner self, it would be that… upper arm is just so much more out there than the wrist so if i want a tatt thats going to be displayed it better be something representative of who I am the most..

“You are very passionate about the word ‘passion'” perfect example actually Hahaha

You really think so though? (that i will be happier with an artistic piece there in the future)… its something Ive considered… but I’m still not completely settled down yet… so my mind is still a little frazzled

neffyiffy
Participant
@neffyiffy
poxphobia;77407 wrote:
Why don’t you just take your time, and if you find an image that symbolizes the meaning you want, get that done on your upper-arm? You don’t have to figure it out today 🙂
You can get an image with a banner, or incorperate the word in other ways. I’m sure you’ll figure it out.
It’s like Matthew says, you’ll wonder what you worried so much about later.

thank you darling… i really…really hope i can find something even better than the one i like now to place out for the world to see as a representation of my true self. its very liberating… maybe thats why people find tattoos so addicting… its a form of self expression that people may not otherwise realize about you… hence… why i wanted to make sure “passion” was something as visible as possible… but… too late now to change my mind.. its on my wrist… dont get me wrong i do think its beautiful there… but i want it somewhere very visible too… but, of course, i cant get a tat of the same exact thing twice… so hopefully you and matthew (and topdog) will stand correct in time.. 🙂

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
Sherav;77397 wrote:
Hi

My serious piece of advice is do not mess with ink that is fine unless you want to add to it with more good ink.
The wrist piece is fine and I would not go through the pain and risk of scarring for a removal.

The cover-up would mean something very large dark and would simply run a chance of leaving you with a poor tattoo on your wrist that was not necessary.

As for the one on your upper arm – there is nothing wrong with getting more ink and you could get an image of what you are passionate about rather than just the word.

The thing is you have to relax your head about the wrist tattoo when we are feeling down we question everything and then when it passes we think ‘why was I worrying about that?’

I would strongly recommend a break from any further ink until you have had time to settle and feel better about the work you have had done.

Take care
Matthew

I couldn’t have said it better!

Do an upper arm half sleeve maybe on what passion means in images!!

shaneslawns
@

Heres my thought ….passion written by itself on a girls upper arm is not going to look good….leave what u have…how ever the tattoo is placed right …any closer to hand and where the wrist bends the ink would have probley come out . In the cracks….itz not the best writting…looks to be newbe..just let it heal….it sounds as if u dont have much work done on u…so learn from this one to think about them hard before u get it done…even if it means wearing stencil for while…theres ones ull wish were lil differnt and ones u love…but itz the buis…so to sum this up live with what u have itz not that bad.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
shaneslawns;77495 wrote:
Heres my thought ….passion written by itself on a girls upper arm is not going to look good….leave what u have…how ever the tattoo is placed right …any closer to hand and where the wrist bends the ink would have probley come out . In the cracks….itz not the best writting…looks to be newbe..just let it heal….it sounds as if u dont have much work done on u…so learn from this one to think about them hard before u get it done…even if it means wearing stencil for while…theres ones ull wish were lil differnt and ones u love…but itz the buis…so to sum this up live with what u have itz not that bad.

Your post is annoying. Do you intentionally write like that, or do you have no grasp on the english language? Is it really easier to write “itz” than “it’s”.

shaneslawns
@

ITZ text formate….if u dont like it …dont read it…..the world doesnt revolve around “U”..and why be a dick? Dont we have enough of those in this world ….or do” U” feel” U” need “2” fit in….In all your posts your a dick anyways i “C”…..ASS “0”…thats hole if your not educated enough to figure it out…do “u” feel better “bout” yourself after putting someone else down for being different…”IZNT” that the buisness were “N” all about….freedom “2” “B” what we want…..keep your keyboard outbursts “2” yourself next time….”tx” have a good day…:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.