EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

hey guys whats up? I’m new here and this seems like a pretty kick ass fourm, here a pic of my latest and greatest tat. It was custom designed by me but I let my artist ad any detail or to add anything he wanted he thought would make it look better and it turned out beyond perfect in my eyes, he couldn’t have done a better job I think. Theres nothing like having a tat you 10000% happy with. I told him to shade like crazy, I like black and grey with some white tattoos only. I really hate color ones for some reason but thats just me, I think they look tacky as ll hell esp all the bettie page wannabe girls with those retarded looking chest pieces (the original and artistic ones are pretty cool) and all the big random ones they get on their legs without filling them in looks really tacky. My arm is a work in progess right now my next tat are going to be some gnarly looking huge chains flying around with the utmost badass shading and fine detail. If you guys have any ideas for me on what you think might look cool let me know! thanks guys, 37792_143116402379496_100000434126847_308310_6066653_n.jpg

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

http://www.bobtyrrell.com/tattoos/tattoo-galleries.html

Look at his work. Given the theme seems to be darker there is no one better than Bob Tyrrell for inspiration on that style.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Hey man, Cool tat. It’s pretty good- way better than the average tat we see floating around on this site here. I’m really happy that you are happy with your ink.

That said, if you are going to go full sleeve on this you should stay open to other artists. I think you could get more detail in there and the composition could be better. Here are three artists photoed below that you can use as a starting point. This is Bob Tyrell, Paul Booth and Nick Chaboya (the guy that does my work.

Your tat is good- no doubt- but there is also room for improvement.

Shanebob.jpg

DSC02193myspace.jpg

Screenshot2010-08-06at74848AM.png

ArniVidar
@arnividar

For someone so obviously into ink, you are amazingly intolerant towards other people’s ink.

That’s a cool looking tat, but what’s with the 2×3 hairs floating around it?

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

Wow Gsound those tats blew me away. I’m a HUGE fan of Paul Booths work and his shading, I hate telling my artist try to do paul booth style but i do it anyway so he has an idea of how badass I want it. What do you mean about the composition?

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

I honestly like my skulls better then the first 2, the one on the bottom is utterly SICKKKKK.

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod
ArniVidar;72505 wrote:
For someone so obviously into ink, you are amazingly intolerant towards other people’s ink.

That’s a cool looking tat, but what’s with the 2×3 hairs floating around it?

It’s just something the artist did to make it look cooler which it does IMO, it’s a fantasy type skull so why not? ive never seen it done before and im all about originality in tats.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The composition is how the tat fits your body. Part of a great tat is how the art flows down the part of your body it’s on. This is a step that a lot of people forget about when they plan their tats.

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

Thanks Gsounder, what kind of after care do to you use on you’re tats? I use aquaphor for a couple weeks then some Lubriderm after. I try to appy the apuaphor 4-5 times a day after I get a new tattoo.

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

SInce im getting a half sleeve I’m getting smaller pieces, I have enough now to start getting huge ones and start filling it again. I want to fill the top with huge demonic looking chains flying every which way. You guys got any ideas?

EYEHATEGOD
Participant
@eyehategod

ALso dude those artists u mentioned, Paul Booth 500 an hour 2 yr waiting list and I’m sure the other are close. I don’t have that kind of money but I do beleive in spending a shit load on your tats, I mean they are tattoos for fucks sake.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

Pretty cool. It’s awesome you’re so smitten with it.

Those hair things look really weird, though.

naj
Participant
@naj

The tattoo itself seems to be well done, but it does seem to be in an odd location. Maybe once you have the whole sleeve done it will look better where it is. Im not a huge fan of the strands of hair or whatever that is but the rest looks good. How long did you sit for that?

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
EYEHATEGOD;72517 wrote:
ALso dude those artists u mentioned, Paul Booth 500 an hour 2 yr waiting list and I’m sure the other are close. I don’t have that kind of money but I do beleive in spending a shit load on your tats, I mean they are tattoos for fucks sake.

I can’t speak to Bob or Paul but the last photo I put up (the one you like) is by my guy and he is less than a third of 500 dollars with a three month wait. Just sayin’

If your happy though that’s all that matters.

tatlover2
Participant
@tatlover2

I love the second skull tattoo, it seems 3D looking. The shading is great.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.