ArniVidar
@arnividar
yodaddynukka;72335 wrote:
i personally think the line work is damn good. other than that i agree on what arni says about most/all his points. i would love to see the finished piece.

Oh, the line work looks to be solid enough, and I have no reason to say he is a poor tattooer per se, and I should have worded my post a bit differently. I do question his drawing skills though. The ability to ink an image you get, and the ability to create your own do not necessarily coincide, although personally I’d choose a happy marriage of the two in any artist I choose for me.
And I would love to see a finished piece with it’s problems fixed, but it would be borderline painful to see that piece finished without fixes. That Superman fix (thread somewhere in these groups) is a perfect example of what can be done to fix broken ink.

Also, to answer one point from above.. I hadn’t noticed the number of fingers, but I have now thanks to you bringing that up. I actually see the outline of 9 fingers, so I’m assuming it’s more the fact that he forgot one, rather than any intention of creating a Mickey Mouse 4-fingered hand. The number of fingers aside, compared to the rest of her body each thumb is about 3/4″ long… no self-respecting cartoonist would have his fingers that small compared to the rest of the body. Also, as Gsouder points out, that tattoo seems to be supposed to be Old School, not Animation, so your argument seems to be (pardon the thieving of your lines) weak at best.

CIWSCHIEF
Participant
@ciwschief

Just to be clear, the post from KEVO2488 wasn’t mine. Same name, different generation 🙂

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

criticism all seems valid to me – but tbh if the ‘owner’ has faith, then good luck. I know from my back piece ( which isnt anywhere near being finished yet) but is the same kind of cartoon style, that the proportions seem all over the place depending which angle I view it from. I know for a fact that the proportions are actually spot on and countours of the back play a part in what it looks like from different viewpoints.
Maybe the shading will make it better – as long as the poster likes it – but he did ask for opinions !!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.