UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Hi All,

First post, thought I’d pop up some pics of my Full Sleeve in progress….:D Be gentle!!!:p

Getting the pain from Mark ‘Chips’ Ferry of Insane Inc, Annfield Plain, Co Durham

First Sitting….. Shoulder, 5 mins after sitting finsihed…..

upperarm.jpg

Second Sitting….. Forearm Part 1 Koi/Skull Tail/Waves

forarmone.jpg

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Third Sitting…. Further Koi/Skull Shading & Bloodlines done for Anterior View of Muscular Anatomy of forearm..

Spot the Skull?
Forearm.jpg

Another View….Bloodlines & Splash/Waves Excuse the Stencil Lines….:o
forarm2.jpg

Carl

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Fourth Sitting….. All linework for adjoining pieces of shoulder and underarm (that hurt!), bio-mech on shoulderblade, and small piece on bicep, along with bloodlines for bicep muscle.

I know most of it is just lines, and shading & tone will create a lot of the image.

Inner Arm View
insideview.jpg

Rear/Back View …..Excuse the fatty the arm is attached too!!!:o
backview.jpg

12hrs Completed so far, back in two weeks to continue!

Any criticism, appreciation, views, appreciated….

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

This is an awesome piece mate!
I don’t like some of the skulls in the biomech part tho, some just look weird.
The koi thingy is cool as hell! I didn’t believe I’ll ever see an original koi design, and here I am.
An original piece combining few different styles, so I guess it’s 10/10 for the creativity.
Overall looks wicked and sick! Which is awesome, keep us updated on this awesome piece!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The arm looks great so far and kudos for an original koi idea! to me, it lacks so cohesion as an entire piece but hopefully it will pull together as you finish

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I fukin love it!!! I can’t wait to see the full thing completed!!!

This inspires me to get a half done on my untatted, left forearm!

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

Interesting piece, nice koi too!

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Holy SHIT, a koi I actually like? That says a lot. Great piece dude, love the entire thing. Can’t wait to see it done, def keep us posted.

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl
-DMD-;70971 wrote:
This is an awesome piece mate!
I don’t like some of the skulls in the biomech part tho, some just look weird.
The koi thingy is cool as hell! I didn’t believe I’ll ever see an original koi design, and here I am.
An original piece combining few different styles, so I guess it’s 10/10 for the creativity.
Overall looks wicked and sick! Which is awesome, keep us updated on this awesome piece!

Thanks mate, I agree, 1 or 2 of the skulls look a tad cartoon like, rather than a bonefide skull, but, hopefully we’re the only ones who notice them lol!!!:o

Gsouder;70975 wrote:
The arm looks great so far and kudos for an original koi idea! to me, it lacks so cohesion as an entire piece but hopefully it will pull together as you finish

Aye, it does look like a bunch of lines at the minute, and I tried to keep the ‘ skull theme’ running throughout the whole sleeve….Elbow is yet to be a decided area.

NeverBSatisfied;70978 wrote:
Holy SHIT, a koi I actually like? That says a lot. Great piece dude, love the entire thing. Can’t wait to see it done, def keep us posted.

Thanks Mate, I’m pretty chuffed with it so far, and cannot wait for the anatomy pieces to be done, theres only two bits, forearm to elbow, and bicep portion.

Next sitting is on the 21st June, and then every Wednesday for 3 weeks, hopefully, should be done.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

wasnt sure bout the design buy the title but Thats Really cool!! blending together great!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Jut read my own response. Wow, I did NOT give enough credit to that koi. Effing amazing!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That has to be one of THE most unique and original pieces I’ve ever seen. I’m not skull fan, nor actually a fan of any of the motifs in that sleeve, but it’s fucking awesome none the less!

Looking forward to seeing new pics every thursday for 4 weeks ๐Ÿ˜‰

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl
ArniVidar;71048 wrote:
That has to be one of THE most unique and original pieces I’ve ever seen. I’m not skull fan, nor actually a fan of any of the motifs in that sleeve, but it’s fucking awesome none the less!

Looking forward to seeing new pics every thursday for 4 weeks ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!

I did try and avoid the ‘normal’ routes of sleeve inspiration so to speak…..

I knew that I had to keep a theme running throughout the sleeve….

Will be back with updates every Thursday:D

UK Carl
Participant
@uk-carl

Just back from my latest sitting,….

Apart from the bloodlines, which were done a few weeks, all the rest is freehand.

ForearmMuscle.jpg

ForearmMuscle1.jpg

ForearmMuscle3.jpg

Back again for a LONG sitting next Wednesday, and if any cancellations are made, I’ve got 1st refusal on those too!

Carl

brnogf
Participant
@brnogf

It’s getting a good job. If you like the reason, it is perfect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.