GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Well since you asked so nicely. My left sleeve. Not much to look at in the way of design I’m afraid. But trust me I get comments on it everyday. Some bad, some good, and it even stands out at tattoo conventions. So let me know what you think. Honestly mind you. You won’t hurt my feelings I promise.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Well I have to say it is unusual Glenn!

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

so, your whole arm is just covered in black? or is that dark blue? seems like a bit of a waste of canvas to me, but whatever floats your boat

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

It’s black though with age it does look a lot more dark blue overall then it does black anymore. Yeah I could see the waste of canvas part. With having no design or anything. But it’s something that just kinda popped into my head one day and I decided to go with it.

I’ve actually ran into a few more people who’ve done something similar. None are solid though, all of theirs at least have some of pattern or design, even if it is a very small part, that they leave bare skin to show through.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

This is actually only the 3rd tattoo of that style that I have seen and I have seen hundreds. As you say most go for some form of pattern or red patterning over the black.

Can I ask what made you want to do it? Also how long did it take?

Take Care
Matthew

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

It does seem a bit of a waste of a canvas however I love that saying “it is better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not” It’s actually my favorite saying. As for the rest of it…whatever floats your boat.

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

It took about 15 hours.

You know how some people are intelligent and plan out their tattoos in a carefully constructed manner with a reasoning and meaning behind them?

Yeah that’s not me. Most of my work is whatever popped into my head at the time. Now I’ve been going back and finding ways to tie my entire torso together. But as for a paticular reason I did it, can’t say I had one. Other than I think it looks cool and I like having something I’ve never seen on anyone else.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, I guess this is the most anti-climactic thread browse I’ve experienced (dunno what I was expecting but never this at least :))

Did you get that whole thing done in just a couple of sittings or what?

I agree with wichedjr89. This is the motto that I try to live by and wholeheartedly agree with.

itsofficial
Participant
@itsofficial

That’s interesting, the shop manager where I go has the same thing with a couple small circles within the tattoo that aren’t covered with any ink. One of the artists at the shop has the same thing. Always wondered if there was a meaning behind it.

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Most anti-climatic thread? Ouch.

The only people I’ve met with anything like it that assign it specific meaning are modern primitives. But you’d have to ask someone into that sub-culture more about it to get a good answer.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
GlennWills;66618 wrote:
Most anti-climatic thread? Ouch.

Sorry :S It’s just that you were talking about your tattooist bringing you to conventions and such to show it off, and then I see it and it’s ‘just’ black. And I think “yes, but, it’s just… black”. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

GlennWills
Participant
@glennwills

Let me elaborate. I have negotiated a much better rate for my tattoos because I’m a big, noticeable, freak. You can trot out all the pretty tattoos you’d like, but in the end, freaks also work. It will make more sense when I get the rest of the pics up, but go with your imagination for now.

My left arm is the solid black you see. My right arm is just a regular old sleeve. I have a gigantic backpiece from small of the back to the base of my rear hairline in progress.

But even better, ever seen star trek deep space nine? A character named dax has “spots” running down both the side of her body. So I had those done. Its not always the “wow” factor of the work. People want to walk up and talk to me. Ask me questions. Tattoos start conversations normally. But mine will draw attention even at a convention, not because of their technical skill, but because of the “hoky shit” factor.

So sorry to dissapoint but my function is to draw attention, start conversations, make introductions, hand out cards, yadda yadda.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
GlennWills;66620 wrote:
Let me elaborate. I have negotiated a much better rate for my tattoos because I’m a big, noticeable, freak.

LOL! Freaks are all good ๐Ÿ˜€

It will be awesome seeing the rest of your tats. I was not trying to offend you though. Sorry again.

GlennWills;66620 wrote:
dax has “spots” running down both the side of her body. So I had those done.

Hardcore! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m a Star Trek fan and love the idea.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover
ArniVidar;66641 wrote:
LOL! Freaks are all good ๐Ÿ˜€

It will be awesome seeing the rest of your tats. I was not trying to offend you though. Sorry again.

Hardcore! ๐Ÿ˜€ I’m a Star Trek fan and love the idea.

Hey I love Star Trek too, wish I looked like Seven of Nine but hey, ho, I don’t !!!!!!!!

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

I’m going to choose my words more carefully today ( though you did say you wanted the truth and I wouldn’t offend you )

– just seems like a waste of skin – and a tattooists skill ! – though like I’ve said on earlier posts – If you’re happy with it that’s the main thing

– do you ever regret it ??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.