GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Male input, of course, is always welcome.

All the women I’ve spoken with are professionals, so I figured this is the best place to ask. How is dating for you?

I had an interesting conversation with a coworker who didn’t know I was tattooed about how he felt it was a real turn-off when a woman had tattoos, that he associated it with promiscuity (to which I said that I have several, and have the sex life of a nun). My mother is in her 60’s, and while she says she’s okay with men having full sleeves and wishes people (such as my father) would be less judgmental towards men with tattoos, she goes on and on about how trashy these women with tattoos are, etc. This isn’t an uncommon attitude, it seems. I was watching Dr. Phil, and some mother had her 21 year old kid on the show and was going on about how horrible it was her daughter had all these tattoos and how people would deem her promiscuous and she’d never have a good job. (Apparently, whores have poor work ethic.) Tattoos are more socially accepted in men. That’s fine. I’ve made my bed, and this is why I don’t tattoo my arms at this time. Works for me.

Where do you meet men that are okay with tattoos, or preferably LIKE the tattoos?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh, now this is a kind of fun topic! I think it is indeed easier for guys, and I don’t know how many times I get frustrated by seeing these hot guys with beautiful tattoos, date little blondes who might have a trampstamp. Where is the love for heavily tattooed women?? Anyways.

It’s never been much of an issue for me, but that might be because I usually hang out in a metal/rock/punk scene. But when I do go to the more “normal” clubs f.ex, I’m always surprised by how many very normal looking men chat me up about my tattoos and how they like them. Many of these however only have a fantasy about spending the night with a tattooed woman, because.. We’re promiscuous and kinky, clearly. When I had less ink, I’d often get comments like “it’s hot, but don’t get any more!”. Past the point of no return by now.

Most men I date or get to know have tattoos themselves. My ex had none at all, and him I met through school. I usually meet people at concerts, because well.. That’s basically my social life. In other settings where my tattoos might not be visible, I’m very up front about it. It is a huge part of my life, and I couldn’t imagine anymore being with someone who doesn’t share my passion for it.

Around here there are certain bars, cafes, clubs etc that stand out in that very many of the customers are tattooed. Some shops too. Very often there will exist a social circle around these places, where people are tattooed, or they are generally okay with them. So if you have any places like that in your area, that might not be a bad idea to check out ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@poxphobia 131225 wrote:

Where is the love for heavily tattooed women??

*Raises hand*

Right here!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 131225 wrote:

It’s never been much of an issue for me, but that might be because I usually hang out in a metal/rock/punk scene. But when I do go to the more “normal” clubs f.ex, I’m always surprised by how many very normal looking men chat me up about my tattoos and how they like them. Many of these however only have a fantasy about spending the night with a tattooed woman, because.. We’re promiscuous and kinky, clearly. When I had less ink, I’d often get comments like “it’s hot, but don’t get any more!”. Past the point of no return by now.[/quote]

You’re young and adorable. That helps, greatly. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh yes, we’re ALL kinky sluts. Even if we don’t know it.

Most men I date or get to know have tattoos themselves. My ex had none at all, and him I met through school. I usually meet people at concerts, because well.. That’s basically my social life. In other settings where my tattoos might not be visible, I’m very up front about it. It is a huge part of my life, and I couldn’t imagine anymore being with someone who doesn’t share my passion for it.

Probably a good policy on being up front. I’ve never dated anyone with tattoos, and have a bad policy of being up front about nothing.

Around here there are certain bars, cafes, clubs etc that stand out in that very many of the customers are tattooed. Some shops too. Very often there will exist a social circle around these places, where people are tattooed, or they are generally okay with them. So if you have any places like that in your area, that might not be a bad idea to check out ๐Ÿ™‚

I probably need to look into an alternative social scene, which does exist. I’ll be going on my own since my friends are more on the conservative side of things, but hell, being off the beaten path has never put me off.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Firstly I think women with tattoos are hot!

As for dating, the guys you seem to be meeting are shallow pricks by the sound of it and not worth dating.

I don’t think you need to change your whole life or social circles just to fit in or meet people that approve. Be yourself and fuck the rest. The right guy will come along and like you because your beautiful, funny, and intelligent with a big heart. What more would a guy want:)

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@peterpoose 131230 wrote:

What more would a guy want:)

Pizza. Definitely pizza!

(Those that remember Multiplicity will get it)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I agree with everything that Peter said (except about thinking tattooed women are hot – but that’s only because I’m into dudes).

Sometimes it may just be a matter of taste vs ignorance – for instance your taste may prefer gentlemen who don’t have beards, but if you met a great guy with one you would likely go out with him anyways whereas someone who associates bearded men with a nasty trait might not give the same guy a chance. Any guy who would not date you simply because you have tattoos is not worth your time, and probably has more issues with judging others than just judging tattooed women.

So you don’t have limit yourself to guys with tattoos, you just have to find a guy that appreciates all your facets – whether they share your appreciation of tattoos or not. (Plain-skins are people, too. ;))

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Hey I still think there is not much that is as sexy than a woman with a “tramp stamp” I love it when it just peaks out of here clothing.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Heavily tattooed women are more intimidating than casually tattooed women. But its way easier to approach a beautiful woman with nice tattoos than one without. Because tattoos are appealing to talk about.
    Now I’m married for years now, but if I see a woman with Good work I have no problems going and chatting her up about them. While personally it isn’t with the intent of a relationship I just enjoy the female perspective on the art.
    People that are ignorant of tattoo culture will always make generalizations. When In actuality , two women both with heavy tattoos can be completely different people. We understand that tattoos are independent of personality. And you can’t know a person just because they have work.
    When I see a beautiful woman with heavy work…I think to myself…I’d like to get to know her. Whereas if I see a woman with a tramp stamp or simple stuff I just keep going about my business.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 131221 wrote:

Where do you meet men that are okay with tattoos, or preferably LIKE the tattoos?

I’m not looking to meet men, or women, so to speak, but I’ve wondered if there are places where the tattooed congregate? I stop a a bar now and again on my way home from work. (11:00 PM) Once in a while I run into a tattooed guy or girl , but it’s not all that common.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 131233 wrote:

Hey I still think there is not much that is as sexy than a woman with a “tramp stamp” I love it when it just peaks out of here clothing.

Some time ago I was training a young lady dispatcher. Fucking gorgeous! She would reach up over the desk to point to a monitor screen. I had trouble comprehending her question because I was almost totally focused on her ass with very tiny, and delicate flowers poking out of her pants. I couldn’t talk because even my tongue got hard!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 131232 wrote:

(Plain-skins are people, too. ;))

Two years ago I would have told ALL you people how fucked up you were by getting tattooed.

What the fuck is up?

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’m not saying you need to find someone with tattoos, change your life, social circle etc, but if your friends are mainly more conservative and you already know that you’re not going to find anyone interesting for you within their expanded social circle, at work, where you usually go, it might be a good idea to look other places ๐Ÿ™‚
    And the whole “the right guy will show up eventually”… I mean, come on. 2013 here. It’s nothing wrong with going out and looking for someone. Be it a serious relationship, new friends, or just someone to have fun with. You don’t need to wait for mr right, maybe you become friends with his sister who’ll introduce you to him three years from now.

Expanding your own social circle is never a bad idea. Be it just to pick up coffee at a different place, try out a concert with a band you’ve never heard about.
    You don’t need to look for tattooed people, but clearly, where you’ve been looking so far, isn’t working out too great or you wouldn’t be asking ๐Ÿ™‚ Search out your interests, places that look fun, try something new! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure you’ll be fine, you’re a sweetheart ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

With my fiance and I, we were both raised with tattooed siblings pretty much. My fiance doesn’t mind tattoos but he thinks there is at least a limit on how many tattoos on women are to many. I get a lot of compliments on my ink from men actually. There again though I also get a lot of strange looks and I’ve even had some guy asked what the skull on my right arm meant and when I told him nothing really he just kind of stared at me. To each their own I suppose, I like seeing women with well done tattoos..not those crappy spur of the moment pieces of crap you see so often.

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

I have always thought that tattooed women (with good tattoos ๐Ÿ™‚ ) were just as beautiful as non tattooed women. I don’t consider myself heavily tattooed but I also don’t plan on stopping anytime soon, my wife has no tattoos currently but has expressed interest. I told her that it would totally be up to her whether or not she got tattooed, I am completely ok with her getting them and she knows how I feel. I think she is just as beautiful with out them and if she were to get covered with tattoos I would think the same thing.
    I think a lot of people are just way too uptight, and if they would just spend a little time getting to know a heavily tattooed woman they may change their mind. Beauty cannot be determined simply by looks alone, you also cannot judge a persons personality simply by looks alone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.