Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Swansoda 125408 wrote:

That’s what my original intention of the question was….like how do you decide how much cash to tip your artist?

I’m at least a 20 percenter. But I have gone to an artist that charges by the piece but ended up with 2 sittings. Paid in full and tipped full 20 percent the first visit. Tipped another good size chunk for the second visit, since I had taken up a good 5 hours of his day I felt like he should get something for his time even tho he had already been paid for the tattoo. I would have felt uncomfortable if I had walked out that day without paying anything. Besides – the tattoo was freaking AMAZING.

At my local artist I tip at least 20 percent, and I have noticed that without saying anything she shaves a little time off the total when she charges me.

Except one time I counted out my money, gave it to her and left. The next day I went into my wallet and found that I had WAY to much money in there. (insert puzzled look here) Thought about it for a minute and realized that I had counted out the money correctly, but put HERS back into my wallet and gave her only about two hundred dollars for an 3 hour tattoo – and she charges that per hour. Felt soooo bad. Called the shop as soon as it opened and explained what I had done. She was very nice about the whole thing, laughed and said she figured that is what had happened. I went down there the first chance I had and gave her the proper amount including a big tip. I was so glad that I figured it out before she had to call me, but still it was totally embarrassing!!!

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@argedion 125409 wrote:

For me it comes down to what I can afford to tip. I try to give a minimal of 10% but would rather give 20 – 30 % My artist likes me so he always makes sure I can afford to give him such a generous tip. He basically knows I can’t but do it anyways and it pays back just the other day he did 3 hours of work charged me 2. I also took him a thank you card. Just try to do little things that I can to show my appreciation and he is just thrilled about it.

Cool….I’m sure they all appreciate whatever you can give them.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@Call_me_Lola 125411 wrote:

I’m at least a 20 percenter. But I have gone to an artist that charges by the piece but ended up with 2 sittings. Paid in full and tipped full 20 percent the first visit. Tipped another good size chunk for the second visit, since I had taken up a good 5 hours of his day I felt like he should get something for his time even tho he had already been paid for the tattoo. I would have felt uncomfortable if I had walked out that day without paying anything. Besides – the tattoo was freaking AMAZING.

At my local artist I tip at least 20 percent, and I have noticed that without saying anything she shaves a little time off the total when she charges me.

Except one time I counted out my money, gave it to her and left. The next day I went into my wallet and found that I had WAY to much money in there. (insert puzzled look here) Thought about it for a minute and realized that I had counted out the money correctly, but put HERS back into my wallet and gave her only about two hundred dollars for an 3 hour tattoo – and she charges that per hour. Felt soooo bad. Called the shop as soon as it opened and explained what I had done. She was very nice about the whole thing, laughed and said she figured that is what had happened. I went down there the first chance I had and gave her the proper amount including a big tip. I was so glad that I figured it out before she had to call me, but still it was totally embarrassing!!!

Yeah, I would want to give a tip for every visit, even if it’s a touch up because they’re still giving you their time.

Awww, well at least it all worked out.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Swansoda 125396 wrote:

Ah, cool…..well that sounds like a really good offer, would e saved them money I think for a bit

It’s something I may offer again with a different artist… You never know when someone may jump on sterile supplies, but I’d always do cash. I know if I was tattooing people, I’d be tempted to treat it as a sterile procedure because people can be so… icky. 🙁

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 125417 wrote:

It’s something I may offer again with a different artist… You never know when someone may jump on sterile supplies, but I’d always do cash. I know if I was tattooing people, I’d be tempted to treat it as a sterile procedure because people can be so… icky. 🙁

The artists that I’ve had experience with ALWAYS treat it as a sterile procedure because it is one. Rubber gloves, new covers on the chair, sterilized tools and equipment, etc.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Swansoda 125407 wrote:

That is freakin’ awesome! Do you have your work on like etsy or anything?

No but you can follow me on facebook 🙂 I’ve got all of my work on there plus stuff I currently have for sale as well as a link to my website.

https://www.facebook.com/ReflectiveCreations

Would appreciate it if you liked my page!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Mistress_Of_Pain 125426 wrote:

No but you can follow me on facebook 🙂 I’ve got all of my work on there plus stuff I currently have for sale as well as a link to my website.

Liked

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@buttwheat 125427 wrote:

Liked

I appreciate it!

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Liked here as well

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@GrayCatLove 125417 wrote:

Yeah that would be cool if someone else accepted….indeed some people are.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@Mistress_Of_Pain 125426 wrote:

ok, cool, will go check it out

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Thanks guys!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’m heading in for a four hour session. I have smoked meatloaf and chicken breasts.
    The chicken was in a brine with salt, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, and Tabasco brand Habanero sauce.

Enough for the shop employee’s snack and enough for Anthony’s young wife and two children for several meals.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I have never had smoked meat loaf

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 127946 wrote:

I have never had smoked meat loaf

Try it butt! It is fucking awesome!

I’ve seen your (not you”re) smoked fish, try it. I used Alder wood for the meatloaf too.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.