Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I tip my local artist with lotsa cash, but last time that I travelled to the States for some work I brought cash and some Maple Whiskey Liqueur – because what’s more Canadian than Maple and Canadian Whiskey?? (Except HOCKEY – damn, wish I’d thought of bringing down a jersey!!)

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 124940 wrote:

I tip my local artist with lotsa cash, but last time that I travelled to the States for some work I brought cash and some Maple Whiskey Liqueur – because what’s more Canadian than Maple and Canadian Whiskey??

Yesterday I had a session and I made shish-kabobs. The beef tenderloin was maranated in soy sauce, garlic, and YES Canadian maple syrup! (they also had shrimp, onions, mushrooms, pepers, scallops, and lobster.)

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I made my artist an adjustable height and angle armrest with three legs so it can ride the base of wide bottom tattoo chairs. I made the front plate in the shape of a coffin and engraved spiderwebs in it. Need to take a pic. He has used it every day for the past 5 years.
    Also gave him an old 30″ 120lbs gear for a coffee table.
    Stole it off an old gear drive keys eater at one of my jobs. They were throwing it out.

And he has a display case of crazy shit people have given him. From hot sauce to animal skulls to squidbilly beer coozies.
    I have a captain Morgan mirror that I’m taking in on my next appt.

volatileghost
    Participant
    @volatileghost

That’s cool, I’d never thought to give them something non-monetary. Neat idea.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@volatileghost 125034 wrote:

That’s cool, I’d never thought to give them something non-monetary. Neat idea.

I’ve heard that sexual favors are nice, but “Anthony” is just going to have to be happy with food items.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ethenbrown 125185 wrote:

Here are some tips which i give to the tattoo artist and they are, Overall Style, Feeling, Pricing and the ability. They all tips are very useful for the artist.

There on about paying him a bit extra for a good job done.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@ethenbrown 125185 wrote:

Here are some tips which i give to the tattoo artist and they are, Overall Style, Feeling, Pricing and the ability. They all tips are very useful for the artist.

@Wardy 125197 wrote:

There on about paying him a bit extra for a good job done.

I’m pretty sure good old Ethen is a spammer for the link in his signature

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

Well that’s all cool!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Cash tipper as well, and I was always taught good service warrants 20+%.

Now, since I do medical stuff, I asked my last tattooist if he would like any wound care supplies: chucks, skin prep, tape for sensitive skin, sterile gloves for especially yucky folks (I almost always have a wound care bag in the car), and he declined.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@GrayCatLove 125394 wrote:

Cash tipper as well, and I was always taught good service warrants 20+%.

Now, since I do medical stuff, I asked my last tattooist if he would like any wound care supplies: chucks, skin prep, tape for sensitive skin, sterile gloves for especially yucky folks (I almost always have a wound care bag in the car), and he declined.

Ah, cool…..well that sounds like a really good offer, would e saved them money I think for a bit

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I usually just tip cash after every session. I know my artist told me not to worry about it after he did a touch up session for me but I did anyway then he offered to buy lunch for my fiance and myself whenever we got the chance which hasn’t happened yet. I’ve also given the shop something I created as I etch glass as a small little business on the side. Of course it’s not out hanging where anyone else can see it but it’s still pretty damn awesome! Would love to etch more for them but unsure as to what, thinking it hangs in the shop owner’s office.

003-3.jpg

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

I pay cash I’m about a creative as a turd in the toilet bowl.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@Mistress_Of_Pain 125402 wrote:

I usually just tip cash after every session. I know my artist told me not to worry about it after he did a touch up session for me but I did anyway then he offered to buy lunch for my fiance and myself whenever we got the chance which hasn’t happened yet. I’ve also given the shop something I created as I etch glass as a small little business on the side. Of course it’s not out hanging where anyone else can see it but it’s still pretty damn awesome! Would love to etch more for them but unsure as to what, thinking it hangs in the shop owner’s office.

003-3.jpg

That is freakin’ awesome! Do you have your work on like etsy or anything?

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@argedion 125406 wrote:

I pay cash I’m about a creative as a turd in the toilet bowl.

That’s what my original intention of the question was….like how do you decide how much cash to tip your artist?

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

For me it comes down to what I can afford to tip. I try to give a minimal of 10% but would rather give 20 – 30 % My artist likes me so he always makes sure I can afford to give him such a generous tip. He basically knows I can’t but do it anyways and it pays back just the other day he did 3 hours of work charged me 2. I also took him a thank you card. Just try to do little things that I can to show my appreciation and he is just thrilled about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.