Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

My friend informed me that its a good idea to tip your artist. How do you guys go about tipping?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I usually bring them something cool. I have never seen an artist post up a picture of cash on IG and say I have the coolest clients but I have seen them post plenty of pics of cool shit.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 123958 wrote:

I usually bring them something cool. I have never seen an artist post up a picture of cash on IG and say I have the coolest clients but I have seen them post plenty of pics of cool shit.

You can’t beat a gift that’s cool, unique, or especially delicious!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I always offer sexual favours 🙂

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

I’m not creative enough to come up with a cool gift ahead of time, so I’m boring and just do straight up cash 🙂

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

Really? Seriously? Like what have you guys given?

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

I usually tip cash, but I have also taken baked goods made by my wife….those are always appreciated as well.

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@ezrider 123974 wrote:

I usually tip cash, but I have also taken baked goods made by my wife….those are always appreciated as well.

that’s cool. I guess that’s a nice thing to do when you’re visiting the parlor often. Baked goods are definitely a good show of appreciation.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I have so far brought each artist a piece of artwork on canvas done by a friend of mine, a very talented graffiti artist in London. He is used to doing much bigger pieces so it was kind of difficult for him to put in as much detail as we wanted on the canvases. I am not sure they even liked them 🙂

Here’s a couple i brought with me 🙂

This was for Victor portugal

6p7x5i.jpg

This was for Dmitriy Samohin, sorry for the blue line going through it, that was me fucking around on paint lol

mijnlu.png

Some of his large works,

2j1ps77.jpg

2v2ts05.jpg

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

Well that’s very cool of you to give the artists something like that.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Swansoda 123972 wrote:

For the holidays I smoked a whole pile of beef ribs. (artist is from Texas) His son was three years old and didn’t have an electric train. He does now. I’ve taken food in for the shop. Crab cakes, burgers, Seafood stew, meatball subs, etc. (as well as a slow cooker for the shop) All freshly cooked and enough for him to take home for his young family. (his wife thinks my balls are spectacular)
    I do give him a few bucks now and again if I have a touch up (no charge) session.

My photo album has a photo of the smoker full of ribs.

Buttwheat smokes some awsome looking fish.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Swansoda 123972 wrote:

most of my work is not from artist from my area so Local T shirts, Smoked salmon and since I knew Josh Woods was a big hockey fan I got him a jersey from my local WHL hockey team (hopefully soon we will have a real NHL team)

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@Sam-I-Am 123978 wrote:

For the holidays I smoked a whole pile of beef ribs. (artist is from Texas) His son was three years old and didn’t have an electric train. He does now. I’ve taken food in for the shop. Crab cakes, burgers, Seafood stew, meatball subs, etc. (as well as a slow cooker for the shop) All freshly cooked and enough for him to take home for his young family. (his wife thinks my balls are spectacular)
    I do give him a few bucks now and again if I have a touch up (no charge) session.

My photo album has a photo of the smoker full of ribs.

Buttwheat smokes some awsome looking fish.

That is really cool of you!

Swansoda
    Participant
    @swansoda

@buttwheat 123983 wrote:

most of my work is not from artist from my area so Local T shirts, Smoked salmon and since I knew Josh Woods was a big hockey fan I got him a jersey from my local WHL hockey team (hopefully soon we will have a real NHL team)

That’s cool

volatileghost
    Participant
    @volatileghost

I tip my artist between $30-$50 extra after a $200+ tattoo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.