mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

there are alot of top artists, mainly american,seem to feel that this style of work wont last as well as more traditional solid color pack work.
we have seen alot of color portrait, no line work that hasnt lasted, some of this was done by some of the worlds most highly regarded artists………..this work can be redone

your tattoo is never going to look this good again, as you know, it will lighten but should last a very long time, it will loose detail over time but I think you and I might be pushing up daisys before this piece would need rework, its going to lighten and change but it should still look pretty damn good

work a myke chambers or stuart cripwell most people believe is a style and technique that will last many decades without changing

currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat
Amok;116379 wrote:
in 30 years i’ll be 62 and wrinkled… who cares.

His tattoo won’t last 30 years. It wont last 10 years

mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

this isnt the first time this no line detail work has come about,
its been tried before,
on the positive side todays inks and machines are better,

the dermis is funny place to lock in ink. as the needle penetrates the skin cells in the dermis layer called phagocytes engulf the color and form a membrane …..very strange, doesnt sound like a rock solid immovable canvas does it

it is all up to the wearer to me, I dont get these kinds of tattoos because I have seen detailed work not age well on collectors I know, some of the artists are considered the finest on the planet, I wouldnt embarrass them by pitting thier names here, but they have seen their work fall apart, but it is beautiful work

currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose
Amok;116379 wrote:
This is why I’m in 2 mind about whether to get a detailed sleeve or just stick with traditional bold stuff. Ah well, in 30 years i’ll be 62 and wrinkled… who cares.

in 30 years I will be 70, if I make it that long lol

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose

Thanks for the input guys.

I currently put light simple moisturiser on 2 – 3 times a day and will continue to do that. Hopefully that is correct lol?

I also put SPF 30 on but the stuff I bought is a really white cream that seems to make my skin white and makes a horrible mess really.

Is there any tattoo specific or better sun lotions I can use, don’t care about the cost. I looked at Tattoo armour by Tattoo Goo but that pen or small brush you put it on with looks painfully slow. I just want a nice lotion that goes nicely into the skin like my moisturiser.

Any suggestions on aftercare products?

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

my routine is pretty hardcore but I think much of my ink looks like it was done this year so here goes,

most light colored clothing offers little spf, you may have seen tests on TV recently,

In super bright 90 degree full sun georgia days I wear spf 50 UNDER my clothes,

I wear spf 100 on exposed skin (sleeves on legs and arms)

I wear it everytime

When I swim (I have a pool) I apply spf100 sport and then wear medium colored shirt, blue or green over it and spf 100 on exposed arms

I moisturize everyday with lubriderm, unscented, extra strength (I got his from a friend who wears 500 hours of total off the chart collector shit, it really helps, you see tattoo thru skin, gotta take care of skin)

I use dr bonners on tough skin like back to keep it super clear, I exfoliate tough skin like back regularly to keep skin nice

I find I can use spf100 for 4-5 hours in the Georgia summer sun and get no sun, good

I know Peter will take care of that hard earned work, its going to look great a long time!

peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose
mrchen;116411 wrote: