peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

This is just a general question about this piece on my arm.

With such fine detail do you think this will look like a blob in years to come? I live for today not the future so I don’t care really either way, just wanted to hear your thoughts?

I asked Dmitriy and he said it should still look perfect. He even got a couple of guys round that he did 6 years ago with fine details and colour to show that they were still exactly the same, which they were.

Even if it did fade to a blob, I can have it reworked again by him or filled in black and then something else added over the black?

Cheers

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Get it, personally i love the thought of my tattoo’s looking really faded and shit when i am older. I see a lot of old guys with all there arm’s inked up and it look’s fucking awesome.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
peterpoose;116315 wrote:
or filled in black and then something else added over the black?

Nope… you don’t get anything over black, but if your blob bothers you in 30 years you can of course laser the entire arm and get a new one ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ArniVidar;116325 wrote:
Nope… you don’t get anything over black, but if your blob bothers you in 30 years you can of course laser the entire arm and get a new one ๐Ÿ™‚

You think it will last 30 years? I would be happy with 5-10 lol

I didn’t know you couldn’t go over black? Couldn’t I use white?

Hopefully lasering will be cheaper then I dread to think what it would cost to laser my whole arm now lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think it’ll be a nice faded blob in 30 years, yes ๐Ÿ™‚

My understanding is that absolutely nothing can cover black. Black is the darkest color, and will absorb all lighter colors. White, incidentally, is the worst color in the world to tattoo, since it’s fade time is measured in months instead of years.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ArniVidar;116327 wrote:
I think it’ll be a nice faded blob in 30 years, yes ๐Ÿ™‚

My understanding is that absolutely nothing can cover black. Black is the darkest color, and will absorb all lighter colors. White, incidentally, is the worst color in the world to tattoo, since it’s fade time is measured in months instead of years.

Hmmm that doesn’t sound good lol seeing as this piece has a lot of white in it………..

Panter
Participant
@panter

You said yourself you’re not too bothered about it blobbing and, to be honest, it’s such an epic piece that it seems well worth the trade off to me

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Panter;116331 wrote:
You said yourself you’re not too bothered about it blobbing and, to be honest, it’s such an epic piece that it seems well worth the trade off to me

Yep I am not bothered really just thought it might last longer than a few months lol

Wanted to see what my options were if and when the time comes ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, keep the thing well protected and out of the sun, and you may see a much longer lifespan. ๐Ÿ™‚

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ArniVidar;116333 wrote:
Well, keep the thing well protected and out of the sun, and you may see a much longer lifespan. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am hopefully doing that ๐Ÿ™‚

Just a shame such a nice piece has to disappear so quickly…

Better start saving for laser lol

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You seem to be awfully worried about the future of your tattoo, for one that only lives in the now ๐Ÿ˜‰

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Panter;116331 wrote:

As panter said you have such a stellar piece enjoy it now. will it hold up? No it won’t but dude in the game of tattoo you already won.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ArniVidar;116338 wrote:
You seem to be awfully worried about the future of your tattoo, for one that only lives in the now ๐Ÿ˜‰

lol hmm yes I do don’t I ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah well, what will be will be!

Amok
Participant
@amok

This is why I’m in 2 mind about whether to get a detailed sleeve or just stick with traditional bold stuff. Ah well, in 30 years i’ll be 62 and wrinkled… who cares.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I plan on be getting detailed work for the next decades (as opposed to getting it all done within the span of a few years). Hopefully some of it will still look good when my skin had morphed into leather ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.