peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Has anyone got any suggestions for my inks when I go on holiday product wise?

I mean I know you will say NEVER sunbathe but will be kind of hard not to when on holiday.

So I am wondering if the highest factor I can get will do or is there some awesome super dooper product that makes my tattoos totally immune to the sun even if I jumped in to it? 😀

Panter
Participant
@panter

What sort of holiday, are you swimming much?

I’ve read that anything over SPF30 is a waste of cash, as you can’t get anything higher than 30 in real terms but I’m sure Google will confirm or deny that.
The best stuff I ever used for fishing in Africa was the Decathlon stuff, it’s extremely waterproof and stopped me burning even under the harsh African sun after hours at sea.
Only snag is it’s very greasy, but that trade-off is the water resistance.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I think it’s daft that people are scared to go in the sun just because they have tattoo’s.. Just put some sun screen and get in the sun for christ sake i got really burn from a heat wave about 3weeks ago and it hasn’t effected my tattoo’s in the slightest. People say “oh it will make your tattoo look better in the long run”. Your tattoo is going to look shit when you reach 60 anyway. Life is to short you can’t not enjoy the weather just because you have some ink on your arm just buy some factor 30 and get out.

htx
Participant
@htx

Yes I completly agree with Wardy, I always think its weird & strange when I read about people being so scared to go out in the sun. Hilarious!! Put some sunscreen on every few hrs

I’ve even read stories of people wearing long sleeves while driving& staying inside during sunny days hahahha! People r fucking weird &act like tattoos are made out of gold

htx
Participant
@htx

By the way I have a cheap tattoo on my neck from 6 yrs ago & its exposed to the sun anytime I’m outside. its still there & looking the same as it did after thousands of sunny hrs. This is why I said people re really strange who act like their tattoo will peel off after being in the sun

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Ok wicked, thanks chaps.

Yeah I agree fuck it!

I will look into the spf thingy never heard that before!

Panter
Participant
@panter

I think it’s pretty well documented that the UV in the suns rays will fade tattoo ink, just the same as most other colours.

Depends on how proud you are of your ink I suppose. If I had work like the OP’s I wouldn’t go anywhere near the sun without a spacesuit on lol

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I wear spf 100 paste type sunscreen on my sleeves, spf 110 spray sunscreen on my legs,

with over $36,000 worth of ink on my body I really dont take chances, I have see the suns effects on peoples ink and I like to keep mine looking nice……………but I still enjoy the sun

Amok
Participant
@amok

Just sunscreen will be fine if applied often enough!

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Higher SPF sunscreen (100spf) is only marginally better than say spf 30. Since people usually dont use sunscreen as often as recommended the higher spf’s tend to be better.

Here’s a good article explaining the differences from WebMD.com

WebMD sunscreen clicky

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
htx;114533 wrote:
Yes I completly agree with Wardy, I always think its weird & strange when I read about people being so scared to go out in the sun. Hilarious!! Put some sunscreen on every few hrs

I’ve even read stories of people wearing long sleeves while driving& staying inside during sunny days hahahha! People r fucking weird &act like tattoos are made out of gold

Thats because u dont have a lot of money invested in your ink like some of us serious collectors do. If i had a bunch of ink from street shops i wouldnt give a shit either. Good ink is an investment and it should be treated as such.

And like people have said spf30 is just fine. Spf50 provides just 1.3% more protection than spf30. So its more about applying liberally vs spf numbers. just apply sunscreen more often if youre in the water.

htx
Participant
@htx
yodaddynukka;114566 wrote:
Thats because u dont have a lot of money invested in your ink like some of us serious collectors do. If i had a bunch of ink from street shops i wouldnt give a shit either. Good ink is an investment and it should be treated as such.

And like people have said spf30 is just fine. Spf50 provides just 1.3% more protection than spf30. So its more about applying liberally vs spf numbers. just apply sunscreen more often if youre in the water.

HAHA those r some strong words over the computer. Its easy to talk shit behind a screen huh.

Put up pics of ur “good ink” since ur a collector. PM them to me if u dont want to show them to every1.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

My work is in my album. I dont need to hide from shit. Imma grown ass man son.

Panter
Participant
@panter
htx;114608 wrote:
HAHA those r some strong words over the computer. Its easy to talk shit behind a screen huh.

Put up pics of ur “good ink” since ur a collector. PM them to me if u dont want to show them to every1.

It wasn’t an attack :confused: just a fair comment. A lot of people with average tattoos don’t protect them from the Sun, fair enough, each to their own. And, if you only paid a few quid for ’em, and they’re not jaw droppingly good, then it doesn’t really matter.

But, if you’ve invested thousands, or tens of thousands, it’s reasonable that you’re gonna look after them, surely?

htx
Participant
@htx

this guy “yodaddynukka” whose name clearly shows his intelligence level has already attacked me in PMs :rolleyes: act like a man n grow up SON. knowing dam well u wouldnt try to act like some hard ass face 2 face.

Panter that was NOT a fair comment brother. all i said was to put sunscreen on them if u go in the sun and dont act like some sissy who thinks the sun will melt them off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.