peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Firstly what style of tattoo is this called really like this style.

608113381233_206023572815743_108732302544871_493455_1414447211_n.jpg

674411320804_1966426648918_1490471695_31605710_949689266_n.jpg

Secondly why would anyone have this tattooed on them? Is it just to stand out, be different lol ?

976662384403_2778649238615_1629661416_2450009_565248485_n.jpg

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

im not too sure what the style is called or where you live but if your really into that and your near nj my boy marco does stuff exactly like that! http://INKEDCITYNJ.COM/ check him out man

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ALEX55;109215 wrote:
im not too sure what the style is called or where you live but if your really into that and your near nj my boy marco does stuff exactly like that! http://INKEDCITYNJ.COM/ check him out man

Very nice, shame I am in London ๐Ÿ™

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Its a “day of the dead(dia de los muertos)” sugar skull girl from mexico, made amous by sylvia ji paintings. Though beautiful, this style is sooooooo played out and over done its considered by many to be the next koi fish.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Also if u want to get this done, david corden has done a few of these.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;109221 wrote:
Also if u want to get this done, david corden has done a few of these.

Yep, I saw his are awesome as well. I do like the style, maybe I will think up something different in that style for another time. Just wondered what the style was.

Thank you!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

These would be considered photo realistic pieces, though the outer elements on the first one (the rose, skull, etc.) aren’t part of the same style. Alex De Pase is awesome btw. I tried to book him when he came to the US, but no luck.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

alex depase is about as good as you can get for this type of work, it is a mix of styles, hyper realism color portrait mixed with day of the dead……..I agree it is so played out here in atlanta, it was cool in 2003,2004, now no one cares

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
mrchen;109301 wrote:
alex depase is about as good as you can get for this type of work, it is a mix of styles, hyper realism color portrait mixed with day of the dead……..I agree it is so played out here in atlanta, it was cool in 2003,2004, now no one cares

Should that matter if someone likes the style?

I know there are trends that get overdone but if you like that style be it Koi or These ladies, if the tattoo is dont good it will look good no matter how many people have it, I don’t think it matters. I mean I wouldn’t not get a tattoo that I like because it has been done a lot.

Saying that maybe it is over done in the USA. as I havent seen anyone with these tattoos in the UK. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong places lol

Maybe some of you have different views?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

it is up to the wearer, but when we are asked a question by a poster we answer as fully as we can, I think overdone is somethng someone might want to consider, myself and yodaddy didnt post to anger anyone, just giving some info, maybe useful, maybe not?

if your shit hot about the idea, get several of them, one girl who is a regular at brandon bonds all or nothing has a collection of them, looks great on her, or course she is 6 foot model

Alex is capable of so much more, if you can get tattooed by him, and I would, Id give him a challange,

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the vag is hideous to me, but again, im not going to be the one who wears it

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

this brings up another interesting point, the ink peter wears, I wouldnt wear, the ink I wear peter probably wouldnt wear, the ink yodaddy wears, the same, the ink d3 wears, again the same,

we are all collectors, we like well done ink by really good artists, but while we occassionally agree on a piece, most of the time we will acknowledge it is well done but not something we would wear, we all enjoy many of the same artists but would leave each ones shop with completely different pieces!

we are all unique and different………..thats a good thing I think?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
mrchen;109307 wrote:
this brings up another interesting point, the ink peter wears, I wouldnt wear, the ink I wear peter probably wouldnt wear, the ink yodaddy wears, the same, the ink d3 wears, again the same,

we are all collectors, we like well done ink by really good artists, but while we occassionally agree on a piece, most of the time we will acknowledge it is well done but not something we would wear, we all enjoy many of the same artists but would leave each ones shop with completely different pieces!

we are all unique and different………..thats a good thing I think?

I totally agree.

The world would be a boring place if everyone liked the same things.

I just really like that style, to my eye it is very pleasing and as I said I havent seen anyone in the UK with it but I have seen plenty of Koi ๐Ÿ˜‰

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

and I actually like Koi, but lord knows they are done in the same fashion too many times I believe, all Koi are not orange!
I think the Koi fish would get a break if they were done with more variety!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
mrchen;109322 wrote:
and I actually like Koi, but lord knows they are done in the same fashion too many times I believe, all Koi are not orange!
I think the Koi fish would get a break if they were done with more variety!

Yep, how about futuristic Koi wielding swords ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.