Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I found this awesome celtic knotwork design with a cat in it, and its the perfect shape and size to put on my lower back. However, that is the dreaded “Tramp Stamp” area.

I’m a female and I want this tattoo in a feminine place – not on my arm or leg, or upper back or shoulders blade, or somewhere totally visible if I’m wearing a normal T-shirt or something. Plus it’ll be a little larger than my little paw print tats down near my hips, and I can’t think of anywhere else that I’d like to put it.

However, I hate the way this placement of tattoo has adopted the stigma of being a slut. I know I shouldn’t worry about what everyone else thinks, but it sort of does bother me a little.

I know tribal tats have sort of a stigma related to them in the tattoo world, and was wondering if lower back tattoos are the same?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

dont let people kid you, we guys like them!

I thnk girls invented the tramp stamp label to diss other girls!

Kinda like the thread by kittykat this week about tongue piercings, it doesnt make you a slut, or sluttier

Go for it! …………..can we see the design?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

It is one of those bitchy put downs that deserves no heed or merit.

If it looks good and you want then get it done – we get inked for own pleasure. If others like it then that is a bonus.

Looking forward to seeing the design.

Besides if somebody called me a slut I would ask if they were jealous that ppl find me more attractive than them to be sexually interested in me?

:p

Take care
Matthew

Adler
Participant
@adler

For me personally, I would think less of the celtic knot than the lower back placement.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Thanks for the replies, guys <3

mrchen;107034 wrote:
dont let people kid you, we guys like them!

yeah… my hubby is excited for me to get it lol

mrchen;107034 wrote:
I thnk girls invented the tramp stamp label to diss other girls!

Kinda like the thread by kittykat this week about tongue piercings, it doesnt make you a slut, or sluttier

I didn’t see that thread til after I made this one, but yeah, same premise. I actually did have my tongue pierced about 12 years ago and liked it. (don’t have it anymore though) I guess I never really thought about people thinking bad of me at the time… didn’t even dawn on me. Maybe I was better off that way lol.

Sherav;107041 wrote:
Besides if somebody called me a slut I would ask if they were jealous that ppl find me more attractive than them to be sexually interested in me?

haha that’s a good one, I’ll have to remember that!

Adler;107047 wrote:
For me personally, I would think less of the celtic knot than the lower back placement.

I have a lot of Celtic jewelry, and love the art and lore behind Celtic culture. My hubby is Irish, and we go to the Renaissance Festival every year and that sort of thing. Right up my (nerdy) alley. I’m sure Celtic knotwork is overdone in tattoos, but I feel very comfortable with this trinity knot. Also it incorporates a kitty, which is my line of work and I love what I do (veterinary). I already consulted with my artist about it, and he thought it was a neat design and would be fine for lower back placement.

celtic_triquetra_cat.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

If that triangle is it, personally I’d disagree that it makes for a good tramp stamp. For me, low and wide tattoos go well in that place, not something thin.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
ArniVidar;107060 wrote:
If that triangle is it, personally I’d disagree that it makes for a good tramp stamp. For me, low and wide tattoos go well in that place, not something thin.

I’m going for the same sort of triangular shape as something like this:

Celtic_Lower_Back_Tattoo.jpg

Personally I don’t really like huge wide ones like this: (pulled it randomly off google)

tramp-stamp-tattoos-4.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Thaela;107062 wrote:
I’m going for the same sort of triangular shape as something like this

Ah, that’s much better then ๐Ÿ™‚

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

I knew once I played that card, you’d be convinced… so was I hehe

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I definitely would not worry about the “tramp stamp” thing at all. Go for it! By the way, it is good to see you back on the forum! ๐Ÿ™‚

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

regardless of the tongue piercing thing (which i think i want but im just being a pussy, tattooing is one thing but getting pierced always makes me jumpy, even my ears!) i have always liked lower back tattoos and that’s where my next piece is going to be, im getting some blue morpho butterflies resting in a rainforst in a photo realist style on my lower back as soon as i have enough money for my booking! lol i say go for it and although i dont usually like these kinds of designs, i think this one is really nice, especially if you are goin to entend it out from the top two points a bit like in your picture i think it will look great, make sure to post a pic when its done ๐Ÿ™‚

(p.s. im a bit of a cat freak too, i have 3 at home lol)

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Thanks girls *hugs* Great to see you again too, MsMercury!!

I got another paw print, just above my first one, so its like a cat walking ๐Ÿ™‚ but haven’t taken any pics of it yet. I’ll post em when I get em though ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the input about the placement, its nice to have another female’s perspective too, and don’t worry, I’ll post pics!

And kittykat – I knew I’d like you just because of your name ๐Ÿ˜€ I have 3 kitties too, plus I work at a feline-only practice so cats are a big part of my life. I love those little furballs ๐Ÿ™‚

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

im just a big animal person in general although at the moment we just have the 2 cats and a great dane. The dane has really bad medical problems though including Epilepsy so we dont keep any of the other animals we used to anymore. we used to have rats, 2 snakes, a bearded dragon, tropical fish and 4 rabbits too and i had a part share in a horse but we havent got any of those animals now as puppy is taking up a lot of our funds these days so as they have passed on we havent replaced them :rolleyes:

Cats are awesome ๐Ÿ˜‰

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt glad your back, been talking to turbo about sending out an email invite, we want members to hang out, throw in an opinion, create a thread, I know you get tired of me blabbing

Thaela
Participant
@thaela
kittykat200;107077 wrote:
im just a big animal person in general although at the moment we just have the 2 cats and a great dane. The dane has really bad medical problems though including Epilepsy

Sorry to hear that ๐Ÿ™ Danes don’t live long enough anyway, let alone when they have a problem like that. Poor guy ๐Ÿ™

We have a Doberman, and it makes me sad that the average life span is only about 10 years. I’m definitely a cat person, but this dog is very special and I’ll do anything to keep him around for as long as possible!

mrchen;107078 wrote:
no doubt glad your back, been talking to turbo about sending out an email invite, we want members to hang out, throw in an opinion, create a thread, I know you get tired of me blabbing

Of course I don’t get tired of that ๐Ÿ˜› I enjoy your threads ๐Ÿ™‚

I just don’t like to post too much since I’m a tattoo newb so I felt like my opinion about quality and details don’t mean much since I don’t really have a lot of experience with good and bad…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.