mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

did you see the chicken, i dont have it, it is very good and ridiculous to look at

I work in marietta at foot of kennesaw mountain, hit me up when you hit town I will pm you cell, or hell facebook
You want to visit some shops meet some folk let me know

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;108622 wrote:
And I’m not foolish enough to think Shane is as good with colors as Josh but I think Shane’s color skills are underestimated.

You may have a point. 🙂

dq1v7t.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have no dog in this. But Josh’s portrait was fucking horrible I would have been irate if that was put one me. It was the worst tattoo of the day. That being said Josh and Shane are/were the only ones on there that deserve to be on a show about being an ink master. I’m sure Josh is a great guy in real life but on the show he comes off as a spoiled whinny bitch.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the show has encouraged the individuals actions, and assumtion of a “role” . Al the wise ass bad guy, Shane the arogant cold guy, Bili the dont give a fuck, Im good, Josh to complain about the judges, hes the one thats been wronged, James the country bumpkin

they wouldnt let them sleep unless they talked shit and got some good film

Josh wasnt happy with the judges, I wasnt either, just two opinions, judging from facebook neither was the rest of the world, even James Vaughn……..but what you gonna do, tell the judges your not going to stay?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

dead-horse11.jpg

demotivational-posters-sore-losers.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

yup thats me

I love the MJ, thats awesome

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I was just checking out Black 13’s FB page looking for some fresh ink to ogle. I have to say that I’m pretty disappointed that the people there have taken the low road and chosen to bash the other artists. Very low class.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

in online voting tommy helms leads with over 67 percent to shane oneils 23 percent, I would have to agree tommy is more well rounded.

i am not sure how much shane was acting on the show but i dont think he did himself any favors

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I didnt see a FB black 13 page with any comments on other artists,

still beating that horse…………..it wont change the judges mistakes

Adler
Participant
@adler
mrchen;108875 wrote:
in online voting tommy helms leads with over 67 percent to shane oneils 23 percent, I would have to agree tommy is more well rounded.

i am not sure how much shane was acting on the show but i dont think he did himself any favors

Shane seems a little cocky in person, too, but I think it’s overly exaggerated for the show. Basically he’s damn good and he knows it but his confidence definitely borders on arrogance.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;108875 wrote:

I agree.

Adler;108905 wrote:
Shane seems a little cocky in person, too, but I think it’s overly exaggerated for the show. Basically he’s damn good and he knows it but his confidence definitely borders on arrogance.

I can agree with that, but to be honest with you, it makes me more comfortable as a client that he is clearly confident. I drove hours to a convention to meet with an another artist and although his work is impeccable, I ended up telling him “forget it” because he completely lacked confidence. I asked his advice on whether a particular piece would be better suited to B&G or color and he shrugged and said “eh, whatever.” I asked about placement – alone on the right leg or above another piece on left leg. Again, he shrugged .. “ahh, whatever.” The whole conversation went this way. He was afraid to give his professional opinion on anything and it made me really nervous. So I don’t want an artist who’s an ass, but I do want someone who is clearly confident.

Adler
Participant
@adler
D3FiANC3;108908 wrote:
I agree.

I can agree with that, but to be honest with you, it makes me more comfortable as a client that he is clearly confident. I drove hours to a convention to meet with an another artist and although his work is impeccable, I ended up telling him “forget it” because he completely lacked confidence. I asked his advice on whether a particular piece would be better suited to B&G or color and he shrugged and said “eh, whatever.” I asked about placement – alone on the right leg or above another piece on left leg. Again, he shrugged .. “ahh, whatever.” The whole conversation went this way. He was afraid to give his professional opinion on anything and it made me really nervous. So I don’t want an artist who’s an ass, but I do want someone who is clearly confident.

I agree with all of that. Clearly Shane is confident and that is a good thing. I remember being very impressed with how professional he was from the very start, talking aobut the design, placement, skin texture, shading, stenciling, etc. The piece I got from him was my 6th tattoo and his skill and knowledge really stood out and I remember thinking, “damn this guy knows what the hell he’s doing.” I’ve been to other pretty good artists but he was clearly on another level. He wasn’t an ass, but very sure of himself.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I met Shane at Baltimore convention, he was cocky but not that cocky, that’s been awhile. I was assuming he was hamming it up for the show, as josh is also

Josh and Shane don’t need 100k

Both are good artists capable of many styles, Tommy’s just more rounded than either of them.
I was wondering if Shane’s persona on the show would hurt his business, a lot of people think this shits real and don’t like him

The boys from the show are friends and will only be better friends now

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;108915 wrote:
I was wondering if Shane’s persona on the show would hurt his business, a lot of people think this shits real and don’t like him

Nah. All of these artists have had a surge in business from the show, Shane included. Besides, it’s all based on perception. For every person who disliked Shane the most for his perceived arrogance, there is another person who disliked Josh the most for coming off as a huge bitch. Tommy has really put forth the best public image here as he has mostly avoided all the drama – but then again, that kind of makes him less memorable as well so if he doesn’t win, he’ll be more quickly forgotten.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the show should increase bookings for everyone, unlike us, alot of people didnt know who these guys were, now the public has gotten to see what they can do and what they specialize in, they will now notice these guys all over in the media, lord knows they get alot of press each year and convention winnings,

No doubt Tommy has been the most quiet, staying behind the scenes, not really winning any challanges or crtique tattoos till now near the end, I think thats the smart decision,

As Tommy and his shop were less well known that will probably not change much, I hope it does though, he seems like a neat guy, Im dropping in on him my next trip up, probably dont have any skin for him, but at least give him a shout out

wait till season 2, it will be the same, questionable judging, artist mistakes, drama and shit talking for the camera…………..i just want to see more TATTOOS!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.