ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh yes, some background is definitely needed, but perhaps all you need is a nice drop-shadow to give it depth. I’m trying to picture some ‘stuff’ as background and I don’t see anything particularly interesting.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I agree, keep it relatively simple. The more I think about it I don’t think you should include a hand or hands, and I also think any background should be just that…a background. Don’t let it overpower the main watch design, like Arni said even a simple shadow could add depth. The artist will help work out the details with you.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

congrats, a fine looking little chap

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Thanks mate. Its been a funny day. Had a bite to eat in a restaurant and fed him before our order cam and when winding him he did a full on projectile vomit, and later before bathing him he farted and shit everywhere in his towel, once I had sorted that we were washing his hair and he peed all up my chest.
Still a bit stumped on how I want this piece been too busy to think about it today so going to have a ponder and do a bit more research on tinternet 😎

willmars
Participant
@willmars

I think the first option is very good “a pocket watch holding by your hands” and top of your back will be great place to draw this design. I think you should also draw the name of your baby just below the design.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

There is your background, a volcaino and a fountain:D in 15 years this is going to be an interesting argument – NO son you are getting a tattoo until you are 18…

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Update- Consultation tomorrow with a potential slot reserved next week from a cancellation so could be getting the piece sooner than later.

I am still a bit stuck on the design I found this picture
http://lucernetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Women-Pocket-Watches.jpg

I like the detail of the working parts and feel that this would be a better option than just a solid, plain front.

Still stuck on if I want or need a back ground?
He was born in December which means birth colour Turquoise which represents prosperity,success, happiness and good fortune.
So the colour is no use to me but is there anything that can be used from what it represents?

His Birth Flower is the Narcissus which looks like a Daffodil to me so again no use really.

Before anyone hammers me for the above the Mrs gave me the info.

I also found a piece by Nigel Kurt http://www.nigelkurt.com which is quality but would like more detail The particular piece fits the arm well but I am looking at ribs or upper back.

Any further input appreciated guys and gals.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

see now on the back i would say you needed more background and stuff becasue its a big space, but if you went for side ribs i think you could easily get away with just the watch with the significant date/time on the clock face and some clever shading around it, i dont think you need much else on the ribs because its a smaller space 🙂 just my opinion of course xxx

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

For some reason I keep having a picture in my mind of a pocket watch, face open, laying on top of a book. Is there some kind of book that has any special meaning to you or your wife?

Like the pic with the chain, adds detail and dimension.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Got the concept sorted now. Pocket watch with the time of birth and a reflection underneith of the same pocket watch but made to look older with bits breaking off and fading away including the hands etc to represent time gone by.

I named my son after my Grandfather who passed away a good few years back now and it will be for both my son and my late Grandfather.

Its going to be a rib piece and about 5hours! so got 3 hours booked in at the end of lookily there was one slot left end of Feb otherwise would have been April.

I am going to get hold of the pocket watch I gave him as a present 10years ago and the artist will use this for the piece.

Cant wait:D

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Reflection from what? You’re gonna have it in water or something?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

How about a grandfather clock to represent your grandfather?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think it wounds like a lovely idea, but arni’s right you need something to represent where the relection is coming from e.g. water, mirror etc 🙂 x

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Sorry guys for the slow response it will be a mirror reflection but cant really describe it well.
He is sketching it when I take in a pocket watch.
Ill update asap.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Went to see the artist today as he has the sketches ready for Thursday they look amazing but we are also going to add in a realistic Rose also to add a bit more body to the piece but I am stoked to get this done its gone be good.
Update with Photos on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.