Wardy
Participant
@wardy

When i go for my Motorhead tattoo which im booking in for at the end of the month im booking in for a Spider’s web tattoo to fill the space up on my elbow. I’ve always liked spider web tattoos but im making mine a bit cool because im getting a little spider man at the side of it as though he has made the spiders web 🙂 I know it won’t be everybody’s cup of tea but you know what im like

Opinions welcome be honest it’s only me not like a give a fuck if your mean. 😎

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

No I have always believed that they are reserved for people that have done time.

Amok
Participant
@amok
buttwheat;101664 wrote:
No I have always believed that they are reserved for people that have done time.

Agreed.

If you get one when you haven’t done time you just look like someone trying to be a hardass. Not a good look man, you can do better.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Yep… number of rings are the number of years done right?

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

I say get it.
No different to someone getting hold fast on their knuckles or a ship with a homeward bound banner.They’re examples of traditional tattoos reserved for sailors that are commonplace now.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I saw a guy (he made me think of Wardy) about 20 2 full sleeves (knuckles) and cobwebs on his elbows. I was jealous. There is no way he could have spent 4 or 5 years in the big house. Then again isn’t everyone with a tattoo either a Jailbird or want to be jailbird (sarcasm). Go for it Wardy!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I would be adding my own touch though as well by adding a spider man to it?

And you have to remember people. I am a bad-ass on the internet

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i wouldnt be bothered with the connotations of it i would be more worried about getting someone to do a really good job of all those straight lines! lol

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I guess when it comes down to it, most tattoos come from prisons, sailors, or tribal meanings. Meanings change over time as cultures use the symbols to represent something else.

Even the swastika was never a bad symbol until Hitler got ahold of it: http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swastika/a/swastikahistory.htm

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

That’s why this rules

206984_10150166078463724_813288723_6479154_2024601_n.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Aussie Tom;101763 wrote:
That’s why this rules

206984_10150166078463724_813288723_6479154_2024601_n.jpg

amazing tattoo!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Wardy

Personally I think a spiderman and web will go nicely with your comic collection.
What I would say is get a bit of colour in on it for the web and make it pop.

Every person I know with just cobweb tattoos has done time and some have the spider (up or down depending on whether they want to continue a a criminal).

That said these were done in the prisons and you really can tell by the poor quality.

Post up when done.

Take care
Matt

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Thanks Matt yeah ill post up when done, im thinking of doing the spiders web blue and red to match the spider man.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

you know you want it, and you know it doesn’t matter what we think, so just get it, and stop being a fag

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
hamsternuts;101813 wrote:
you know you want it, and you know it doesn’t matter what we think, so just get it, and stop being a fag

Im not being a fag and not asking if i should get it, i made the decision i was getting it like a year ago. I was just asking people’s opinions about spider web tattoo’s. I think you got confused somewhere.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.