d_romero
@

Hi

I just got my first tattoo – a rose on my arm – a few weeks ago. I’m very pleased with how it turned out, but looking closely at it I’ve noticed a few nitpicks: A couple of lines don’t connect all the way (a few millimeters missing), and in one place the shading doesn’t entirely fill its area.

So, I have a few questions, 1) Should I go back and “complain”? Will I be considered picky and annoying for caring about such things?

and, 2) Is it to be expected that there are minor issues like this, or did the artist not do a good job?

I did go to this place because they supposedly are the best in my area, and like I said, I really like the overall result, but the perfectionist in me is acting up.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I wouldn’t complain just yet, if the tattoo is fully healed i would go for a touch up get all the little bit’s fixed first.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Post a pic of it sometimes lines aren’t connected for a reason. I like a small flaw in a tattoo it gives it personality.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Most good artists will take a look at their work after its healed up (4-6 weeks or so) and do a free touch up. Its perfectly normal for there to be small issues or discolorations after it heals, and they are happy to get it fixed up for you. Even though they do it for free, give them a tip for taking care of you. They are permanently inking your skin, you want to keep this person happy. You know?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.