rlpb
Participant
@rlpb

What else should I be doing to validate someone’s skills?

This guy apprenticed for 8 years with a very successful award winning local artist – and has run his own shop for 6 years. He was booked up 4 weeks in advance and has a facebook page full of people thanking him for his good work. His tribal portfolio looked good – I really didn’t see any red flags…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
rlpb;101628 wrote:
His tribal portfolio looked good

I hope you find the right artist to pull your tattoo off, don’t get a tribal though man. Tribal is more common than seeing a baby in a pram.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
rlpb;101628 wrote:
What else should I be doing to validate someone’s skills?

This guy apprenticed for 8 years with a very successful award winning local artist – and has run his own shop for 6 years. He was booked up 4 weeks in advance and has a facebook page full of people thanking him for his good work. His tribal portfolio looked good – I really didn’t see any red flags…

You can always post a link to their work year and some more experienced people can review it.

BTW an 8 year apprenticeship wow

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
buttwheat;101662 wrote:
You can always post a link to their work year and some more experienced people can review it.

BTW an 8 year apprenticeship wow

+1

I’d be quite interested in seeing his portfolio actually. Also, 4 weeks is nothing, but you can’t really tell much by how long someone is booked up anyway. There are some amazing artists in NY that are only booked up for 3 months and there’s a guy in Delaware that I only consider mediocre that is booked up for over a year.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.