rlpb
Participant
@rlpb

Hi,

I had my shoulder tribal extended on Friday by a tattooist who came well recommended and has many years experience and a good portfolio. However there is a massive amount of “smudging” around the back of my arm on the softer skin.

Is this blowout? Did he do a rubbish job and push the ink in too deep? I am really quite bruised which suggests he was heavy handed.

Is there any chance this will disperse? Or am I looking at lasering / covering with shading?

I’d really like to understand whether it’s just bad luck or whether the artist is actually rubbish. I need to decide whether to go back to him to finish / fix it or look for someone else.

Many thanks,

Richard

rlpb
Participant
@rlpb

Looks like the embedded image isn’t working, try this:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/af162

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes sir you have a blow out there.
af162.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
rlpb;101016 wrote:
Is this blowout? Did he do a rubbish job and push the ink in too deep?

Yes.

rlpb;101016 wrote:
Is there any chance this will disperse? Or am I looking at lasering / covering with shading?

No. Yes.

rlpb;101016 wrote:
I’d really like to understand whether it’s just bad luck or whether the artist is actually rubbish.

The latter.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Ouch, I would not go back to the guy, he butchered that tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

My tribal look’d like that after i got mine and you should see mine now. Get it lazerd.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

What’s all the yellowing and speckling on the left? I thought a blow out would be where the line is…. how does it happen so far away from where the ink should be?

Amok
Participant
@amok

the yellow parts are bruising, the artist must have been pretty rough

Knitrocks
Participant
@knitrocks
JENerationX;101070 wrote:
What’s all the yellowing and speckling on the left? I thought a blow out would be where the line is…. how does it happen so far away from where the ink should be?

I don`t understand this either. I always thought blowouts manifested themselves along the edge of the tattoo.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

I’m with you, it almost looks like there is a separation between the edge of the tattoo and where the blowout begins. With the yellowing on the outside (bruising), I’d almost want to say that the dark discoloration is addiational bruising, but its obviously ink so it has to be a blowout. But it sure is the damnedest blowout I’ve seen.

Let it heal up and see what it does. You really won’t know for a good 6-8 weeks what its going to look like. Take care of it, let it heal, and see what comes of it.

rlpb
Participant
@rlpb

Many thanks for all the replies.

A week on it’s healing quite nicely and the brusing has gone down. The reduced brusing makes the smudging less obvious but it’s definitely still there. There’s a couple of spots that are nearly a cm from the nearest piece of the tattoo – so still amazed the ink “travelled” that far.

Now it’s healing I’m starting to think the job wasn’t too bad – maybe a bit heavy handed but not a complete butcher case. The piece goes all around my shoulder and it’s all fine except for the patch at the back – so I think I must just have some wierd skin there.

I think the main challenge is not making it any worse while completing the piece. Still not sure whether I’ll go back to the same guy (to talk to him about what he could do differently) or look for someone with a bit more patience / lighter touch. If anyone knows someone near York / Hull that might be interested in working on this then please shout!

rlpb
Participant
@rlpb
Wardy;101061 wrote:
My tribal look’d like that after i got mine and you should see mine now. Get it lazerd.

Hi Wardy. Do you mean you had yours lasered and it fixed it? How many sessions did it need and was it accurate enough to take out the problem area and leave the main piece?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
rlpb;101544 wrote:
Hi Wardy. Do you mean you had yours lasered and it fixed it? How many sessions did it need and was it accurate enough to take out the problem area and leave the main piece?

I haven’t yet started lazer surgery and not 100% sure whether i will be or not yet because it actually isn’t bothering me it being there i may consider it more in the future though 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

Please dont go back to the same guy, despite all the blowouts and bruising, it’s not a well done tattoo. It was obviously done by an amateur and looks like it was drawn on with a thick black marker by a kid. Do yourself a favor and find a good tattoo artist.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
rlpb;101542 wrote:
Still not sure whether I’ll go back to the same guy (to talk to him about what he could do differently) or look for someone with a bit more patience / lighter touch.

What he could do differently is learn how to tattoo. Although blowouts can happen to anyone, blowouts of that magnitude can only happen to a complete amateur. Granted, I’ve seen far worse line work, but overall, it’s simply not a well executed tattoo.

Amok;101549 wrote:
Please dont go back to the same guy, despite all the blowouts and bruising, it’s not a well done tattoo. It was obviously done by an amateur and looks like it was drawn on with a thick black marker by a kid. Do yourself a favor and find a good tattoo artist.

^ This.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.