Participant
@666

Hey,
I’m trying to come up with something unique. So far I have the text down–it will either be Даяна or the cursive variants of the letters (http://russianreport.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/cyrillic-alphabet-chart1.jpg) depending on how the rest of the design turns out. Basically the name will be the centre of the tattoo which will be between the shoulder blades in the centre of the upper back.

What I am looking for are any tribal designs that go along the shoulder blades/upper back (it’s alright if the design goes onto the shoulder and maybe onto a little bit of the upper arm). I’ll worry about putting the two together, right now I’m just wondering if anyone has any cool designs that they like that I can modify (I’ll modify it quite a bit–there’s nothing worse than someone stealing a tattoo design) to put into my design.

I am creative enough to modify and finish up the design, but I was just looking for a start/inspiration. So, what are your guys’ favourite upper back tattoos (:?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum. Very unique username ^_^

Participant
@666

Thanks for the welcome (:. Do you have any favourites as far as tribal designs go? I’m sitting here drawing and scratching out idea after idea. I’ve found a way to make the lettering “tribal” itself by using the English spelling of the name (Dayana). That may be a good enough start, but some inspiration wouldn’t hurt ^-^

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Most people here hate tribal tattoos, so you may find yourself barking up the wrong tree.

But I’d browse albums, here and in search engines, and then design your own. Take bits and pieces of what you like, but personalize it to reflect your own message.

Participant
@666

Really? Why hate them? Well I’ll soon arrive at my goal of the correct body type for them to look good, so I’m set on getting one. Wow…how many people can I piss of in the forum? A name tattoo and tribal all in one tattoo x).

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I actually despise tribal tattoo’s they are to common. I have a bad experience with one also i can’t wait to get mine lazered.

Amok
Participant
@amok
666;99711 wrote:
Really? Why hate them? Well I’ll soon arrive at my goal of the correct body type for them to look good, so I’m set on getting one. Wow…how many people can I piss of in the forum? A name tattoo and tribal all in one tattoo x).

I can’t speak for everyone else but I don’t hate tribal, the Polynesian tribal can look good when done by a great artist. BUT most tribal looks absolutely hideous because it’s done by artists who aren’t tribal experts. The common tribal that you see white people wearing really does look crap 99% of the time, it’s going out of fashion like a Libyan dictator.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Amok;99717 wrote:
I can’t speak for everyone else but I don’t hate tribal, the Polynesian tribal can look good when done by a great artist. BUT most tribal looks absolutely hideous because it’s done by artists who aren’t tribal experts. The common tribal that you see white people wearing really does look crap 99% of the time, it’s going out of fashion like a Libyan dictator.

This^^
Tribal some text now just trow in a couple of nautical stars, a day of the dead chick, a koi, some barbed wire and a dragon now that will be an epic tattoo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.