m1c
Participant
@m1c

hi

had my tattoo done last friday, 3 hours in the chair having a skull + roses done on my arm. still need to go back to have it coloured and names written in the banners.

its now wednesday, ive been following the aftercare advice as told but now it seems that the ‘top layer’ is coming off, where its heavily shaded. i know it says not to pick scabs off but these arnt scabs, even when i apply cream i seem to end up with black bits on my fingers. is this normal?! i dont seem to have lost any detail but still i wasnt expecting this

cheers

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
m1c;99231 wrote:
the ‘top layer’ is coming off, where its heavily shaded. i know it says not to pick scabs off but these arnt scabs, even when i apply cream i seem to end up with black bits on my fingers. is this normal?! i dont seem to have lost any detail but still i wasnt expecting this

That’s exactly what should happen, You don’t want scabs. If you’re peeling a thin layer of skin like a sunburn, that’s good.

m1c
Participant
@m1c

yay thank god for that!im going back anyway an im sure he’d go back over again but nice to know its normal, thanks

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You have a pic of the tattoo?

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

It’s normal. I had my tattoo done on Friday and today some of the green in one of the leaves is coming off. I’ll have to get it touched up once it’s healed.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

when it starts to peel, do you have to continue applying lotion/creme or should you just keep it clean and let it peel naturally?

AshGUTZ
Participant
@ashgutz

Hello Chris, I just wanted to say when I am taking care of my tattoos they undergo this same routine healing process. After two days I begin applying a small layer of scent-free, dye-free lotion and I will do an extreme heat rinse with a mild, scent-free, dye-free soap, anti-bacterial scent-free, dye-free soap and then a full cold rinse off before patting dry with a clean paper towel or allowing to air dry. Your scabs are fine as long as you don’t pick as them because some sections will heal faster or slower than others so you don’t want to risk pulling out chunks of ink and freshly inked skin. I hope your tattoo heals well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.