nbas2b
@

Ever since I could remember, I wanted a tattoo, but my thought process was that it had to mean the world to me. Fast forward to present day- My dad was diagnosed with a rare neurodegenerative disorder called Huntingtons disease. It’s genetic, so I have a 50% chance of getting this wretched disease. There is no cure, treatment, or anything for it. It’s basically a death sentence and have a life expectancy of 10 years, once symptoms start. It’s a horrific thing to watch and my life flipped upside down when I found out my dad was diagnosed.

Now that the background is set, I really want some more ideas from fellow people who have been into tattoos for a while. Like I said in the title, I want a half sleeve- from my shoulder to elbow. I have come up with a general idea of what I want, but once I try to start to incorporate the Huntingtons part in the tattoo, I become lost.

What I have come up with so far is… A lion(as I’m a leo) roaring on the edge of a mountain and underneath the mountain would be “Cure HD”, or something along those lines. I’ve also thought about a lion around a circle of fire and then having Huningtons disease being burned by the fire…. I’m not sure anymore. I know I need to go see a tattoo artist and see what they can come up with, but I want a better idea of what I want before I actually go.

Any ideas? Thanks!

eddie1983man
Participant
@eddie1983man

Not too sure how to incorporate the script, but you could consider trying ti incorporate the huntington disease association logo.

Just an idea, seems like a tough one.

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

I’m so sorry for your father, and I truly hope you find yourself in the other 50%.

The icon for the HSDA is here: http://www.hdsa.org/images/content/1/1/11191.gif

With those four figures…could you shape the mountains around them? Maybe put the mountainous outline over them in some way? The fire could go underneath…the fire of hope, the fire of passion in your search for a cure, fire for the anger and the pain you feel, and hopefully for the destruction of the disease. Your lion could be at the very top of the mountain, roaring down to the fire.

Just some thoughts…best of luck, and please show us the finished product when you get it done.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.