goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

OMG just did a google search for tattoo studios near me just out of interest to see if there was any quality out there and the answer is very little check out a few of these galleries!
http://www.inkmeup.net these are just the worst!
http://www.dermagraffiti.co.uk the Birkenhead one is bad considering this guys been going decades!
http://www.libertytattoo.co.uk One of my staff got inked there and the work looked average- looks like she got away lightly!
http://www.roguesgalleryltd.org.uk the cross and jesus piece are just spectacular!
http://www.kingtattoo.biz really not the king of tattooing really poor! definately some of the poorest work I have seen on line. Check out all of the galleries. The first photo gives you an idea of the quality to come.

There are thousands of them seriously how on earth do they survive producing such shite. But with shows like Jeremy Kyle in the Uk you can see why?

This post is not intentionally created to offend anyone but if you know any of these people tell them to stop.:eek:

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

I know out here answering this will get me jumped, yelled at, cursed and called bad things, but lets not forget before yuppies entered the whole tattoo sceen wanting photo copies painted on thier arms 99% of the clients were big gruff men who could care less how pretty the tattoo is, they just want it on there to say something about themselves. Things like “bad pig no doughnut”
FTW (which in no way stands for free on two wheels or any other silly crap). support and 1%er tatts, wife and kid names. skulls are popular when hammered at 1 am.
you get the point.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

So good job for the yuppies then with some ideas of what a good tattoo is. Dumb fucks who want a tattoo to make a statement because they are big gruff bikers are pathetic. There is no reason for bad tattooers to exist.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yea there is a lot of things that are just backwards thinking with bikers. Crap tattoos is just one of them.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;96040 wrote:
Yea there is a lot of things that are just backwards thinking with bikers. Crap tattoos is just one of them.

Hey, wait a minute my tattoos aren’t crap!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;96048 wrote:
Hey, wait a minute my tattoos aren’t crap!

I’m talking about 1%ers

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;96049 wrote:
I’m talking about 1%ers

Yeah I thought about that. I was going to edit my comment but you beat me to it.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Well it is just my opinion but insulting ppls work isn’t productive and aliot of these so called shit tattooists have been doing it longer then some of us have been alive and make a great career of it. There have always been amazing artists and then your standard pick and stick tattooists. I don’t like everyones work but i would never tell someone omg that is shit the tattooist should be stopped, talk about rude.

Now don’t get me wrong i know i am not going to chance the way you all act haha silly to even think such a thing, I just wanted to point out that not every one expects Rembrant to paint on thier arm/leg/back/balls/tits or where ever.

Kisses Megan

Adler
Participant
@adler
feathertouch;96131 wrote:
Well it is just my opinion but insulting ppls work isn’t productive and aliot of these so called shit tattooists have been doing it longer then some of us have been alive and make a great career of it. There have always been amazing artists and then your standard pick and stick tattooists. I don’t like everyones work but i would never tell someone omg that is shit the tattooist should be stopped, talk about rude.

Now don’t get me wrong i know i am not going to chance the way you all act haha silly to even think such a thing, I just wanted to point out that not every one expects Rembrant to paint on thier arm/leg/back/balls/tits or where ever.

Kisses Megan

I’m going to disagree with most of this. First, I don’t care how long someone’s been tattooing, that has nothing to do with how good they are. The reason shit tattooists can make a good living is because there are too many people with low standards and who are too cheap or lazy to find a better artist. That’s why home scratcher tattooists can make a living also, and I refuse to support them. You’re right, you don’t always have to go to a Rembrandt but there is no excuse to get a shit tattoo from a shit artist in my opinion. If I’m paying to have something permanently inked on me I want the best possible work I can afford and will not settle for shit. There are plenty of good artists out there that have put in the time and work to perfect their skills and then there are the ones who don’t give a damn and are satisfied with being average or below artists. For me, I will put in the time, effort and money to research and go to one of the better artists and show my support for their hard work and overall appreciation of the art and their clients. And if someone shows me a shit tattoo from a lazy, shit artist I have no issue telling them I think their tattoo sucks. There’s no excuse.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Ok my very last post on this one, I looked over some of the shops that were pointed out, not all cause I couldn’t be bothered. Work wise for the most part the lines are fairly clean most of the tips are tips pointed not rounded, no pause dots that i could see in the pics (doesn’t mean thier not there just not visable) subject matter itsself is subjective since well i hate religous tattoos skulls, flames, panthers, or other blah 10,000 time over done drawings. but on the whole not total shit work I have seen way worse come out of top end shops
This is ofcourse just my opinion yet again and amounts to not much more then one second passing in time.

kisses
Megan

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
feathertouch;96146 wrote:
Ok my very last post on this one, I looked over some of the shops that were pointed out, not all cause I couldn’t be bothered. Work wise for the most part the lines are fairly clean most of the tips are tips pointed not rounded, no pause dots that i could see in the pics (doesn’t mean thier not there just not visable) subject matter itsself is subjective since well i hate religous tattoos skulls, flames, panthers, or other blah 10,000 time over done drawings. but on the whole not total shit work I have seen way worse come out of top end shops
This is ofcourse just my opinion yet again and amounts to not much more then one second passing in time.

kisses
Megan

Please look over the first tattoo studio and copy and paste any tattoo from their gallery that shows clean line work or a piece that YOU would actually pay for as a consumer?
Subject matter is subjective but clean linework is not part of most of these artists.
If people put their work on line to drum up business they should expect criticism also when it is appauling as it is.
I don’t believe it is rude to highlight how bad some of this work is because it is a disgrace that some of these artists actually are legally able to tattoo.
This is for me just as bad a dentist who put in two front teeth for you because you don’t like the ones you have and coming out with two buck teeth and saying they will do the job!
I can not believe that anyone who has a tattoo from ink me up possibly think they have a good tattoo.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;96137 wrote:
I’m going to disagree with most of this. First, I don’t care how long someone’s been tattooing, that has nothing to do with how good they are. The reason shit tattooists can make a good living is because there are too many people with low standards and who are too cheap or lazy to find a better artist. That’s why home scratcher tattooists can make a living also, and I refuse to support them. You’re right, you don’t always have to go to a Rembrandt but there is no excuse to get a shit tattoo from a shit artist in my opinion. If I’m paying to have something permanently inked on me I want the best possible work I can afford and will not settle for shit. There are plenty of good artists out there that have put in the time and work to perfect their skills and then there are the ones who don’t give a damn and are satisfied with being average or below artists. For me, I will put in the time, effort and money to research and go to one of the better artists and show my support for their hard work and overall appreciation of the art and their clients. And if someone shows me a shit tattoo from a lazy, shit artist I have no issue telling them I think their tattoo sucks. There’s no excuse.

+1 Thanks for saving me the trouble of typing it all. :p

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
feathertouch;96146 wrote:
but on the whole not total shit work I have seen way worse come out of top end shops

“Top end” isn’t in your buddy’s basement.

Regards ,
Mark

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.