Wardy
Participant
@wardy

There’s going to be a lot of negativity here because of the meaning obviously 🙂 but be honest as you know i don’t take offence everybody is into there own shit 😀 Personally i fucking love it!

Note: the picture really doesn’t do it justice guys it is very well done and there is still some surface blood etc on this picture will take another picture once healed 🙂

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Hi Wardy
I presume this is your girl right? You certainly went big on this and as you say I am sure people will roast you for it as most names are regretable later on.
I think the main thing you will get commented on is the tip of the arrow doesn’t look right, not in line with the straight part. I know it is meant to be curved but looks off if you know what I mean.
Did the artist not warn you before or we still going with the ink now regret later strategy that you said the other day.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Jesus 6789

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

my arms bent on there dude but when i bend my arm it does look off haha looks ok when my arm is straight though

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I really don’t know what to say. You have started to give good advise to people but then you run off and get these crappy tattoos. You can say it’s a bad picture or the way your arm is bent or whatever but it still is not very well done. I’m not saying that because I have high standards this tattoo is off on so many aspects I would say it’s a lower mediocre tattoo. Dude start listening to your own advise about finding good artists.
Sorry man I don’t mean to rag on you but I’m not going to blow smoke up your ass either.

BoltThrower
Participant
@boltthrower

I am not saying this to be mean but I think it looks ugly. 🙁

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;95246 wrote:
I really don’t know what to say. You have started to give good advise to people but then you run off and get these crappy tattoos. You can say it’s a bad picture or the way your arm is bent or whatever but it still is not very well done. I’m not saying that because I have high standards this tattoo is off on so many aspects I would say it’s a lower mediocre tattoo. Dude start listening to your own advise about finding good artists.
Sorry man I don’t mean to rag on you but I’m not going to blow smoke up your ass either.

would you say it’s the style because it is meant to look old school or do you think the artist that did it is not good enough?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Well, I’m not going to lambast you for the subject matter. Although most people do often regret these types of tats, that’s not always the case. The biggest problem is usually having the subsequent gf/wife deal with it. 😉

Anyway, as for the work itself … The lines are shaky in some places and as goldengraemes said, the arrowhead is off. It’s not aligned properly with the rest of the arrow. It’s not like it’s as bad as that phoenix back piece, but it’s not particularly well done either.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

You need a tan Wardy

And if there is one thing I learned from my last relationship, is you can never trust a woman and you never know what is going to happen. So I hope this doesn’t come up and bite you in the ass.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I love old school tattoos. This one is just poorly done, it’s got nothing to do with the style. The linework isn’t good, the shading is weak and the arrow doesn’t line up properly. I don’t know if you keep going to the same artist because he’s a friend but he’s not a good tattoo artist. I would love to make fun of the whole name thing but this just isn’t well done, regardless of the style or subject matter. Dude, find a new artist!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

it was free drawn :/

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;95260 wrote:
it was free drawn :/

Worst excuse ever.

It is not the style that I don’t like. It’s kind of more new school then old school and I like tattoos of almost all styles that are well done. It’s not the name on it. It is that it is a shitty fucking tattoo, it is bad there is nothing about it that is done well. the line work is bad, the shading is bad, the visual aspect is real bad, the highlighting is horrible. I don’t know why you keep going to this ass clown of a tattooist does he give you a reach around while tattooing?

Or are you just fucking with us and found this pic of a crappy tattoo on the internet?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I’ll agree, this tattoo looks like shit. But hey, it goes well with your other tattoos.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I think it’s pretty good man.

not really

Panter
Participant
@panter

As long as you like it, then that’s great.
Thing is, you’re obviously really into your ink, why don’t you get yourself on the waiting list of a top artist and travel a bit to get work done?
If you want total coverage (sure you said you did, somewhere) then surely you’d want the best work you can get for that?

Each to his own and all that, it just seems strange for someone that’s that into ink to keep getting rough looking pieces.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.