xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

for me it’s like “being drawn-on very hard by a ballpoint pen”

was really surprised that it almost didn’t hurt at all (except the areas closer to the bones)… far better than what i expected…

and yes for me it’s been a few days only but my body is already wanting some more…

so how would you describe the pain you feel?

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

To me it feels like if you were to leave the cap on the ball point pen and try and write on me hard.

Or sometimes it feels like a pinching feeling, like if you just grab and squeeze a tiny bit of skin

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Get a sunburn, then run your fingernail down it…lol

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

it all depends on how heavy handed your artist is and the type of tattoo. my arm sleeve by robert pho feels like hardly any pain. i could prolly get 15hrs straight tattoo from him and not even budge. but other artists i have had, i wanted to quit in the first 5 minutes.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Great thread!
I got a lot of different opinions on this from different people before mine was started as I’m the biggest wimp on Earth and was a bit worried about it.
I got lot’s of different replies from “hot cat scratch” to “pleasant tickle” and everything in between.

In my experience (as a wimp and phobic of needles, blood etc) it feels to exactly as it is, very fine needles flashing in and out with a heavy vibration.
My tat is fairly big for a first one (from ankle to behind the knee cap) and it’s definitely very different depending on the area he’s working on.
Towards the ankle was quite painful, especially with the shading but behind the knee (soft bit in the crease at the back of my leg) it was more sore than painful.

Whenever people ask me, I always say it’s just something you have to experience for yourself, but as an utter wimp I sat for a 7 hour then a 8.5 Hour session (fecking hurt towards the end though lol) so it can’t be that bad.

Mind you, I’ve been told that outside of the lower leg is one of the easiest places, some dude opposite me was having his kneecap done, looked as if he was going to pass out at times…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A relaxed satisfying feeling.

Im weird i actually love the pain and process of getting tattoo’d.

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

Really, it’s as individual as, “What does chocolate taste like?”

I have a spinal condition that affects my nerves, so a few of my tats barely hurt at all, and others were miserable in certain spots.

However, I will say that on all of my ink, once the artist was done, the pain dissipated within an hour or so to a dull bruise/ache. And after that, it was a few days of that same feeling, and then nothing.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Like having my balls sawed off with a rusty butter knife.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Sharp hot scratching & scraping, some burning and then some nerve type pain and my foot started twitching. It didn’t start to really bother me until after about 3 or 3&1/2 hours. That’s when my nerve thing started. I started to get a little tired of the pain by then, but I kept absolutely still because I did not want my Freddie ruined. I had my right outer calf tattooed. :):)

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

When I did 5 hours. I just annoyed by the pain, it was like a headache that wouldn’t go away. Just got frustrated by it.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Parademic;94518 wrote:
When I did 5 hours. I just annoyed by the pain, it was like a headache that wouldn’t go away. Just got frustrated by it.

Good way to put it, annoying. That’s how I felt, it really got on my nerves, very annoying after awhile.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

First hour and a half: “Fuck me that stings..”
After the first hour and a half: “Why the hell did I decide to do this?? This is just stupid! I’m never doing this again!”

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;94545 wrote:
First hour and a half: “Fuck me that stings..”
After the first hour and a half: “Why the hell did I decide to do this?? This is just stupid! I’m never doing this again!”

Haha Arni, you need a session at the studio i go to ๐Ÿ˜›

They have Motorhead – Ace of spades blaring haha! (well.. that’s because im always in there before they open up having a cup’o tea ๐Ÿ˜‰ but we could always make acceptions!)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Why? It’s not like the music makes the tattoo process any less painful. If anything, it can be a pain in it’s own right.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

My tattoo artist and I have a huge love for horror movies, so we are either reliving the classics or talking shit about these new age remakes. It makes time fly really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.