yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
DavidJednat;92497 wrote:
http://www.hyperiontattoo.com

There’s not much on the website as far as a portfolio but I work with the guy/he’s teaching me how to tattoo. I know what he’s capable of and I’ve seen some amazing stuff that he hasn’t even taken pictures of. His style is heavily influenced by Tommy Lee Wendtner. He’s easily the best black and grey artist in Western New York.

im not trying to be an ass about your mentor, but based on the pics posted above, i wouldnt call him best of. his work is decent, but not best.

ps- i love tommy lee.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Not to worry man. Like you said, he might not be world class but he is arguably the best in Western New York. It’s a little pond over here.

Also, check out an artist named Fwa Xyooj. He’s up in Milwaukee I think. Not exactly East Coast though.

a51b9dc2.jpg

111d147a.jpg

1b4cf6bc.jpg

9a15d6e3.jpg

c5481689.jpg

Adler
Participant
@adler

Nice, I never heard of that artist in Milwaukee.

Adler
Participant
@adler

As good as he is, I also don’t think Shane does much freehand or custom stuff, he prefers to work directly from reference material. What are you looking to get, Caesar is really good as are the other artists at Booth’s shop Last Rite’s. I love Stefano’s work for realism.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
DavidJednat;92546 wrote:
Also, check out an artist named Fwa Xyooj. He’s up in Milwaukee I think. Not exactly East Coast though.

Never heard of him but that stuff is quite good.

Adler;92548 wrote:
As good as he is, I also don’t think Shane does much freehand or custom stuff, he prefers to work directly from reference material. What are you looking to get, Caesar is really good as are the other artists at Booth’s shop Last Rite’s. I love Stefano’s work for realism.

That’s what I thought as well. The basic idea of what I’m looking for is an old guy looking into a cracked mirror with a young guy looking back. That’s what I was thinking anyway. If the artist can come up with a better image to go with the theme, that’s cool too.

Adler
Participant
@adler

How about Bill Vegas at Sacred in NY?
http://www.sacredtattoo.com/artists/Bili

Adler
Participant
@adler

I was just thinking, why don’t you check out the amazing list of artists coming to the Paradise Tattoo Gathering in MA in Sep. There’s so many good, versatile artists you may be able to still get an appt. with. There’s actually a few from the northeast that could do this tattoo for you. The way you describe the piece it sounds like you need someone good at faces/portraits anyway so there’s plenty to choose from, including some I forgot about like Lou Jacque, Jamie Cross, Jason
Butcher, Larry Brogan, Megan Hoogland, Remis, etc.
http://www.tattoogathering.com/artists.html

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Tommy lee will be there along with his 500/hr price tag.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Adler;92573 wrote:
I was just thinking, why don’t you check out the amazing list of artists coming to the Paradise Tattoo Gathering in MA in Sep. There’s so many good, versatile artists you may be able to still get an appt. with. There’s actually a few from the northeast that could do this tattoo for you. The way you describe the piece it sounds like you need someone good at faces/portraits anyway so there’s plenty to choose from, including some I forgot about like Lou Jacque, Jamie Cross, Jason
Butcher, Larry Brogan, Megan Hoogland, Remis, etc.
http://www.tattoogathering.com/artists.html

Yeah I’ve contacted quite a few people who are listed as guests and a number of them are only going to be doing seminars or aren’t going at all (despite being listed). I hadn’t contacted Butcher but I’m certain he will be booked (but I just emailed him anyway in the name of optimism). Some of the others I contacted several months ago and they were already booked long before. :/

I thought about Remis, but I saw an interview with him and seems he greatly prefers to work from reference also. Same thing for Hoogland (who is really incredible).

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Jason Stieva from Sinful Inflictions here in Whitby, ON.
28348_10150194626170002_872625001_12099784_5115884_n.jpg
n872625001_7338722_8364068.jpg
222622_19276030001_872625001_180244_3635_n.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

look at Tony Mancia’s profile at All or Nothing Tattoo.com
he is very young and very very good, going to be one of the best

Bob Tyrrell is $100 a hour, he works slow and steady and he will tattoo anyone, if you can get booked, he is a very good dude

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
mrchen;92722 wrote:

Bob Tyrrell is $100 a hour, he works slow and steady and he will tattoo anyone, if you can get booked, he is a very good dude

Would u recommend tony over brandon at allornothing?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;92722 wrote:

His stuff looks good, though I can’t tell much w/ the small pics on his website.

mrchen;92722 wrote:

Tyrrell can’t even be reached unfortunately. Even if you could reach him, his waiting list is apparently in years. :/ I would probably let Tyrell ink w/e the heck he wanted.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

megan hoogland. under-mentioned but damn…

284486_2275690936389_1372175401_2676592_1973429_n.jpg

EDIT: didnt realize adler already posted megan.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

That Megan girl is crazy good

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.