Plague
Participant
@plague

I’m not a sun person, in fact I try to avoid it. However, I’m going to the shore in about a week. I know it’s probably not a good idea to get a tattoo before the shore, right? I will most likely get a tan while at the shore, so will getting a tattoo after coming back from the shore be affected by the tan I most likely will have? Since I don’t intentionally lay out in the sun to tan, I won’t be very dark. Should I wait until the tan *completely* fades before getting a tat?

Thanks.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Personally i would not get one before going. I would wait until i come back then wait for around a month depending on whether you have sun burn or not.

I would wait so long because i personally find that tattoo’s look shit on tanned skin.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
WardyInk;91965 wrote:
Personally i would not get one before going. I would wait until i come back then wait for around a month depending on whether you have sun burn or not.

I would wait so long because i personally find that tattoo’s look shit on tanned skin.

Wait… I have naturally tanned skin, what are you trying to say here?? Are you racist??

Just kidding. :p

Don’t get a tattoo before you tan, it will ruin the ink. If you decide to get a tattoo after, then wait a few weeks until your normal skin tone returns.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’d love to see the portfolio of the artist who can fit you in before the shore.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Nah im not racist haha, im just saying tattoo stands out a lot more on pale skin and the color’s look a lot more crisp 🙂

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Yep, my last artist complimented me on how white I was. lol

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;91976 wrote:
Yep, my last artist complimented me on how white I was. lol

Understandable. I think im so pale as well because i actually hate sunbathing haha.

Plague
Participant
@plague
D3FiANC3;91972 wrote:
I’d love to see the portfolio of the artist who can fit you in before the shore.

Ha.. nah, I didn’t expect to have an appt before. Just confirming that it wouldn’t be a good idea beforehand.

Thanks everyone who posted. I will try not to get much sun, especially on the leg where I want my tat, so I don’t have to wait too long. I suppose it will be a back to school gift to myself! LOL

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.