richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

Ok, so I hope you’ll forgive me because I’m gonna be like every other first-timer who freaks out over their tattoo aftercare, worrying that I ruined it. I got my tattoo exactly one week ago, so I know it’s still healing. Take a look below. The rough edges are drying dead skin, since I just jumped out of the shower. I am worried about the milky whiter color in the middle, where the dead skin came off in the shower. Does this look like it will heal up and brighten back up? I haven’t had a single scab. Thanks for your help and guidance!

Oh crud, I can’t find where to attach the image in the post (not as a link)….if you can tell me how, I’ll reply with the image. I followed the FAQ instructions, but there is no “attachment” button.

Rich

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Put the picture in your album, then copy the BB code from below the picture into your post.. or post your picture to any of the picture hosting sites like ImageShack. The FAQ is definitely wrong, since the picture attaching option is disabled in this forum.

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

Thank you. Trying it now…can you see this?

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

Ok…there’s the image. Again, the rough stuff in the globe is peeling skin. The milky white is where the dead stuff came off when I soaped it via hand in the shower. Thoughts?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, you shouldn’t worry about that. It’s looking as good as it can. What after-care instructions did your tattooist give you for this thing?

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

thanks…the standard, a&d for three days, then lubriderm…avoid the sun, don’t bathe, yadayadayada.

my only concern is that i massaged the dead skin off in the shower with my hand. I worried that I wasn’t supposed to do that.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You probably weren’t ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ll have to go back for a touch-up anyway, which should be free. I just don’t know what can be done about those blow-outs.

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

ugh….blowouts? what are they? I don’t see any lines ruined or anything. i was hoping the milky color would go away. I’m a bit worried.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, if you look at the attached picture, all that I have circled is either a blow-out or a mistake.

The thing is, however, that you won’t see how your tattoo REALLY looks for another month or two, at which time some of that may have faded away.

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

Ohhhh….those are pieces of dead skin that I just haven’t wiped off, for fear of damage. Whew! No blowouts or mistakes.
The image was just not clear enough for you to know that. I am only worried about the milkiness, but like you say, it’s too soon to think about that. Thanks so much for your responses and time!! Love the forum, great work.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’m not so sure Rich. I hope you’re right ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t see any ‘milkiness’ in that image though, but I guess that’s because I don’t know what I should be seeing ๐Ÿ™‚ I just see normal dead skin, that will soon start flaking all over your bedsheets ๐Ÿ˜€ Any skin-colored spots in such a heavy black piece are normal, and all part of the free touch-up thing. It’s probably impossible to get all that mass 100% black in one go, every time, all the time ๐Ÿ™‚

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

I just wiped, delicately, off all of the stuff you circled. Gone, voila! woot! I’ve had the pleasure of seeing the flakes in bed for the last 2 days. Fun stuff!!!

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Arn, those spots that you circled look like dead skin flakes that haven’t peeled off yet just like the OP said. I don’t see any blow outs. It looks alright to me. Remember this is done on skin, not every tattoo is going to be 100% perfect, even the best artists aren’t 100% perfect everytime. ๐Ÿ˜‰

To the OP, just follow the aftercare procedure and you should be ok. Touch ups are no big deal and usually free.

Congrats on your first tattoo. ๐Ÿ™‚

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

Imperial,

Thanks so much. Really sets my mind at ease!! In 6 weeks or so, MAYBE, I’ll go back and have him re-darken where it’s looking whiter. Of course, by then, everything may even out. I’m SO proud of my new ink. By the way, it’s the Mensa Logo. Cool, huh?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
richschultz;91689 wrote:
I just wiped, delicately, off all of the stuff you circled. Gone, voila! woot! I’ve had the pleasure of seeing the flakes in bed for the last 2 days. Fun stuff!!!

Glad to hear it ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.