dchurch15331
Participant
@dchurch15331

hi i am new to this, at the moment i have an artist designing my ne half sleeve, my ideas come from the birth of my 2 kids. when my first was born the view from the hospital room we was in was of big ben, when my second was born the view was of the london eye? hence my idea being big ben showing th time my son was born and going around the back of it the london eye and a really nice skyline? im worried about the detail in both landmarks as im not the biggest of fellas an theres a lot to fit in? does anyone have any feedback ? or ideas how to make it look amazing?:D why doesnt this show on the home page

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Do a lot of research as this tattoo will be meaning a lot to you! With the right artist this could look truely amazing!. I don’t think your size will matter to much as it is being a half sleeve and that is a lot of space to use up because it go’s all around your arm. Would you not think of going to a full sleeve? Just my opinion but making in to a full sleeve will look amazing.

dchurch15331
Participant
@dchurch15331

thanks wardyink, would love to get a full sleeve and i will just had some other ideas in mind for the top piece. my main worry about this tattoo is which artist to choose? the guy desingning my tattoo at the moment seems really interested in what i want, but the shop has only been open 2 months, how can i make sure it will come out the way i want it?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Ask to see some of the work he’s done and if you don’t think he can pull it off look around a bit more and if you put where you are from in this thread people will reccomend really good tattoo artists to you.

dchurch15331
Participant
@dchurch15331

COOL, I live in south london but i will always be willing to travel if not to far to find the right artist who i believe will do a really good job, does anyone know anyone in my area any help would be great

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
dchurch15331;91657 wrote:
COOL, I live in south london but i will always be willing to travel if not to far to find the right artist who i believe will do a really good job, does anyone know anyone in my area any help would be great

how about the guys of the London Ink tv show?

dchurch15331
Participant
@dchurch15331

that shop is alwyas shut i go past there quite alot and have never seen it open? maybe its a booking thing i will try and find out and let you know how i get on, thanks for all your help, if anyone else knows any other good artists in london or around please let me know

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I would think that the only real way to do this would be to get a picture that has Big Ben in the foreground and the Eye in the background, and just doing it as a portrait. In which case, you’d need a portrait artist.. nothing short of a great one would ever do.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

If you want to get detailed you should go bigger. Have you thought about getting this done on your back? Your back is a large piece of real estate and with everything you want into this piece it would probably look better there.

+1 to a portrait artist.

dchurch15331
Participant
@dchurch15331

Thanks for that , so many artists? Or so called artists it’s hard to put your trust in people these days

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.