Gnarlymilk
Participant
@gnarlymilk

Forgive me is this is the wrong place for this post.

I am getting my first tattoo, going with a 3/4 or full sleeve still kind of up in the air.

I want to get a Koi pond style tattoo, however I am looking to have the “Japanese style” toned down a bit. I wants lots of color and half fade from dead/zombie/skeleton looking koi into vibrant living strong tuff looking koi. There are a few other specifics that I want but this is the basic start. Anyone know of a artist that would be a good fit for this in the Orange County CA. or surrounding areas? Thanks to this site I have found that there are many unqualified artist that are out there doing tattoos and I really don’t want to make that mistake.

Much appreciated!

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
Gnarlymilk;90800 wrote:
Forgive me is this is the wrong place for this post.

I am getting my first tattoo, going with a 3/4 or full sleeve still kind of up in the air.

I want to get a Koi pond style tattoo, however I am looking to have the “Japanese style” toned down a bit. I wants lots of color and half fade from dead/zombie/skeleton looking koi into vibrant living strong tuff looking koi. There are a few other specifics that I want but this is the basic start. Anyone know of a artist that would be a good fit for this in the Orange County CA. or surrounding areas? Thanks to this site I have found that there are many unqualified artist that are out there doing tattoos and I really don’t want to make that mistake.

Much appreciated!

i saw koi and almost stopped reading….. than i saw the morbid angle your throwin in. i got a guy in duarte ca thats great. hit me up if your interested.

Gnarlymilk
Participant
@gnarlymilk

I would love to check out some of his work, does your buddy have a website ?

Thanks !

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

jess yen at my tattoos in alhambra.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy

HERES SOME of his older stuff

http://sepulvedatattoos.blogspot.com/

Gnarlymilk
Participant
@gnarlymilk

I really like Jess Yen at My Tattoo. I have looked at allot of his stuff and like it. I just don’t want to offend him if I go in there and take a traditional “Japanese style” tattoo and tell him to tone down the “”Japanese”” and then have basically a “hell koi pond” tattoo that fades into a traditional koi tattoo.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
DOJAGUY;90816 wrote:
HERES SOME of his older stuff

http://sepulvedatattoos.blogspot.com/

his work is incredibly average.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
yodaddynukka;90835 wrote:
his work is incredibly average.

as is the shop you go to. My nephew paid $300 for 3 hours of work…. Is that a deal there?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
DOJAGUY;90837 wrote:
as is the shop you go to. My nephew paid $300 for 3 hours of work…. Is that a deal there?

Yeah the shop i go to as a whole is average, but jess yen is one of the best in the world. Dont be mad bro.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
yodaddynukka;90838 wrote:
yeah the shop i go to as a whole is average, but jess yen is one of the best in the world. Dont be mad bro.

i dont get mad bro…. Too faded all the time to get mad. Getting mad solves nothing. If this guy you speak of is so good, ill have to sit down with him. Thanks for the tip bro.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
DOJAGUY;90839 wrote:
i dont get mad bro…. Too faded all the time to get mad. Getting mad solves nothing. If this guy you speak of is so good, ill have to sit down with him. Thanks for the tip bro.

Same here. Seems like we both have the same medication. U definitey need to check out his work. He is on a 2.5yr or longer waiting list. He is the real deal hollyfield.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
yodaddynukka;90840 wrote:
same here. Seems like we both have the same medication. U definitey need to check out his work. He is on a 2.5yr or longer waiting list. He is the real deal hollyfield.

yeah bro maybe we can meet up and medicate. Share the love man. Do you have any links to his work?

Gnarlymilk
Participant
@gnarlymilk

2.5 year waiting list??.. lol well I guess I got to scratch that then.. shit i was all hyped up too.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Wait, nukka, what?!! Victor Sepulveda’s work is average? I have to disagree, buddy. The man’s a genius. Really, Jess Yen is fantastic, but that doesn’t take away from Victor’s talent. Just sayin. Oh and if I ever meet up with either of you, you better be ready to share some of that “medication”! 😀

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Gnarlymilk;90854 wrote:
2.5 year waiting list??.. lol well I guess I got to scratch that then.. shit i was all hyped up too.

Just hit him up. If he likes your idea and your vibe he might bump u up. On a side note, there are lots of artists in socal that could hook u up. Check out terry ribera in san diego. He is dope.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.