puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

I chose this kanji phrase, as one element in my recent sleeve, because I liked how it conveyed similar ideas but in different ways depending on how the reader interpreted it. Now I’m wondering, based a few reactions since the tattoo was finished, if it comes across too vague.

If you can read Japanese kanji, would you mine giving your impression?

thanks

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not that I can read Kanji at all, but there’s no way to read that from that picture.

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1
ArniVidar;90565 wrote:
Not that I can read Kanji at all, but there’s no way to read that from that picture.

Sorry…:(

I’m new to the forum…looks like I messed up here…is the photo too small, too dark….does it not appear at all in the post above….:confused:

Lemme know and I’ll see if I can fix things up.;)

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It appears fine in the post above… maybe you can read it from that pic, but it’s way too small for me, even with my glasses on 🙂

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Maybe this photo will make it easier to read….

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Much easier 🙂

Why did you decide to make the platter half out of puzzle pieces?

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1
ArniVidar;90582 wrote:
Much easier 🙂

Why did you decide to make the platter half out of puzzle pieces?

AriVidar, I don’t understand your question.

What do you mean by ‘the platter’?

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

Maybe seeing an overview of the sleeve will help.

There are puzzle pieces, three of them, floating from the forearm, and around the wrist from or to the banner. The banner is ‘complete’ near the top and then starts to break away into pieces of a puzzle near the bottom and then then the free floating puzzle pieces appear…. Does that help explain the context of the banner with the kanji phrase? Hope so.:)

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1

…and maybe a detail shot will be useful too….;)

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
puzzled1;90586 wrote:
Maybe seeing an overview of the sleeve will help.

There are puzzle pieces, three of them, floating from the forearm, and around the wrist from or to the banner. The banner is ‘complete’ near the top and then starts to break away into pieces of a puzzle near the bottom and then then the free floating puzzle pieces appear…. Does that help explain the context of the banner with the kanji phrase? Hope so.:)

The problem is, the puzzle is completely fixed with a few pieces floating nearby. It doesn’t appear to “begin to break up”. This displays a poor sense of style on both your part and that of your artist. Doesn’t convey the concept well at all, I’m afraid.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Oh, and welcome, and thanks for posting pics! We’re a pretty critical bunch here, but it doesn’t really mean your ink is bad, just us giving opinions!

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

What does it mean?? :confused:

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1
Dave Van;90596 wrote:
Oh, and welcome, and thanks for posting pics! We’re a pretty critical bunch here, but it doesn’t really mean your ink is bad, just us giving opinions!

Thanks, I appreciate knowing what you think.

puzzled1
Participant
@puzzled1
Dave Van;90593 wrote:
The problem is, the puzzle is completely fixed with a few pieces floating nearby. It doesn’t appear to “begin to break up”. This displays a poor sense of style on both your part and that of your artist. Doesn’t convey the concept well at all, I’m afraid.

Yes, I see what you mean… would’ve been better if the banner itself started to break apart into the pieces, and maybe some of the floating pieces had part of the script on them…

Ah,… sigh… to have had that idea more clearly, earlier on…:(

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Sorry, yes, the banner. I thought it looked like a wooden platter or something.

And don’t tear yourself up over the puzzle bit. If you spend the rest of your life critqueing your piece you’ll go bonkers 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.