Amok
Participant
@amok

So while I admit biomech tattoos look wicked, how do you put meaning behind the tattoo?

I guess there doesn’t need to be meaning in a tattoo, but if I’m going to mark myself permanently I need to be able to say why I did it. “Because it looks cool” just isn’t enough for me.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i dont agree with the above. whats wrong with getting a tattoo because it looks cool? would you get a crappy tattoo just because it has a meaning vs looking cool? to each their own i guess.

but anyways, i dont really thing there is a “meaning” behind biomech, other than its supposed to follow the contours of your body, etc. but i could be wrong…

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

If you google “dedicated follower of fashion” you will get the meaning for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXpkt6revK0

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Alot of my tattoo’s are because i think they are cool/funny 🙂

Undefeatable
Participant
@undefeatable

I’ve always thought the Biomec theme was supposed to represent the fusion between Man and machine.

Most biomec stuff you see has both human and machine parts fused to together to create a body part of piece.

My cousins husband just got his masters in Mechanical Engineering, and is looking to get a biomec sleeve done.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
WardyInk;90335 wrote:
Alot of my tattoo’s are because i think they are cool/funny 🙂

And you call other people children… :rolleyes:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
maniacthw;90342 wrote:
And you call other people children… :rolleyes:

well just because i get tattoo’s that i like doesn’t really make me a child does it.. :/

Amok
Participant
@amok
yodaddynukka;90333 wrote:
i dont agree with the above. whats wrong with getting a tattoo because it looks cool? would you get a crappy tattoo just because it has a meaning vs looking cool? to each their own i guess.

but anyways, i dont really thing there is a “meaning” behind biomech, other than its supposed to follow the contours of your body, etc. but i could be wrong…

Well I wouldn’t get a crappy looking one because it has meaning, but I’d definitely settle for one that may not be as amazing to look at but held something significant for me. As an example, I’m in the process of getting traditional japanese tattoos done but I actually prefer the look of neo-Japanese stuff, I just wouldn’t put it on myself.

But as you said, to each his own. Everyone here appreciates a good looking tattoo I reckon. Maybe I think too much.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
Amok;90346 wrote:
Well I wouldn’t get a crappy looking one because it has meaning

Don’t you love people who put up such stupid ass comparisons? Yes… I’d rather get a crappy tattoo with meaning over an awesome one with no meaning!

OR

I’d rather get an amazing tattoo with meaning over another amazing tattoo with no meaning.

Apparently you have to sacrifice one to get the other. Pick one now: Amazing tattoo or has meaning.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
maniacthw;90411 wrote:
Don’t you love people who put up such stupid ass comparisons? Yes… I’d rather get a crappy tattoo with meaning over an awesome one with no meaning!

OR

I’d rather get an amazing tattoo with meaning over another amazing tattoo with no meaning.

Apparently you have to sacrifice one to get the other. Pick one now: Amazing tattoo or has meaning.

whats the meaning behind your ink?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
WardyInk;90413 wrote:
whats the meaning behind your ink?

I fail to see your point? Yes… Mine have meaning.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Why can’t someone have both meaningful tattoos and tattoos that look badass??

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

There are usually only 2 reasons you get a tattoo, because the art looks bad ass, or because it has meaning behind it, or both. If you get a tattoo for a loved one, or get a tattoo because the art is awesome, who cares?

I really used to be one of those guys that was like gotta have meaning behind it. Now I don’t so much care. My full sleeve being designed is strictly a halloween based theme, did I have some tragic family death happen on halloween, no, but I think the imagery associated with halloween and the folklore behind halloween to be totally bad ass.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.