Wardy
Participant
@wardy

practicing drawing to eventually in the future become a tattoo artist like the other thread says

honest opinion on this piece please people i can take critisizim!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

See, this already shows improvement! The stem is a bit thick, imo, but very solid and smooth. It’s never too early to flirt with a little color, either! (I know, I know, most of my stuff is black & white. Do as I say, not as I do! lol)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Dave Van;89508 wrote:
See, this already shows improvement! The stem is a bit thick, imo, but very solid and smooth. It’s never too early to flirt with a little color, either! (I know, I know, most of my stuff is black & white. Do as I say, not as I do! lol)

thanks for the reply dude means allot and yeah what you said yesterday happened with this exact piece. I got really excited when it started to come together! will post up allot more drawings in the coming week dude thanks for your positive reply makes my confidence allot better and makes me believe allot more that i might actually be able to make it in the future!.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Dude, you keep practicing and learn some solid drawing foundation and your shit is gonna be sick, man! Keep it up!

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Stick is waayy big. The leaves got some weird edges (looks like poop) and the line in it got a bad starting point.
You should’ve removed the leave that’s right under the roses head. It takes away the focus on what’s the main piece of the work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
BertNaked;89658 wrote:
Stick is waayy big. The leaves got some weird edges (looks like poop) and the line in it got a bad starting point.
You should’ve removed the leave that’s right under the roses head. It takes away the focus on what’s the main piece of the work. ๐Ÿ™‚

i actually thought exactly that about the leaf after i posted it dude

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

That’s good. ๐Ÿ˜€

It would be much easier if you used a thinner pen, so you could add more details or sketch more.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
BertNaked;89663 wrote:
That’s good. ๐Ÿ˜€

It would be much easier if you used a thinner pen, so you could add more details or sketch more.

was a thin normal pencil i made the lines thick on purpose and color’d them in ๐Ÿ™‚

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Aaaah! I can see it now. ๐Ÿ˜€

Ever thought about using markers ? They’re alot more fun working with, and easier, so you don’t have to backtrack alot. I use Pilot markers in two different sizes (F and M) so I can make thick lines and shading with the bigger one and detail with the smaller.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

..And if the purpose of using pencils for this is that you can erase, sure.. that’s true, but the greater artists try to erase as little as possible, because that would ruin the paper / work. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Use the pencil for sketching only, and trace over with the marker, that’s the best way and you get to do the piece twice, and you’ll find flaws easier.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

No offense, Bert, crticism is great and all, but you really shouldn’t be on a forum criticizing others’ stuff if you aren’t willing to post any of your own work. I surely wouldn’t take cooking advice from a chef who’s food I had never tasted. Just sayin.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

The techie stuff I puke out is something I’ve learned from my girlfriend which graduated classic-art school.
So it’s gold. ๐Ÿ˜€

If I can draw myself? Uhm, I’m not a retard, but not fantastic either.

edit: I’m an excellent chef btw. ๐Ÿ˜€

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Ok Dave. Just added a rose I just made in my album here, so I can keep my criticism-card for now. Have a looksie if you like.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
BertNaked;89694 wrote:
Ok Dave. Just added a rose I just made in my album here, so I can keep my criticism-card for now. Have a looksie if you like.

bert aint as good as you think it is sweetheart.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Well, I guess you don’t have to be an artist to be a critic, just be prepared to be ignored by the masses. What, you couldn’t even find a piece of printer paper or something to draw on? Notebook paper? C’mon, Bert.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.