imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I didn’t want to take over someone’s thread, so here’s a couple drawings I’ve done this year for the first time in 10 years. The bamboo one was the first thing I sketched up… I looked at 3 different pics and blended them together. I was trying to go for a jungle scene. The second is just a koi fish, pretty plain. The scales were a bitch and ended up shading in at the tail. I am missing a couple scales but I’m still working on these little by little.

Obviously I have a lot to work on to get back on track to the way I used to draw, but doesn’t hurt to practice. 🙂

sketch1u.jpg
sketch2m.jpg

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Very nice work man! Your line work is smooth

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Excellent work, Imperial. I’m not a huge Koi fan, but your lines on that one are really interesting. It really conveys the “underwater” effect. Very cool. The bamboo is good too, just seems a bit unfinished?

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Both pieces are unfinished. I just work on them when I have a lot of free time (like right now is free time lol). Sometimes I just don’t feel like drawing and I think if someone isn’t in the mood and they start drawing, they won’t put any effort or passion into it. That’s just how I feel.

Or did you mean unfinished in a different way?? Cause I think I know what you mean, but I wanted to have a Japanese feel… I’ll figure it out though so the bamboo looks “complete” lol.

Thanks guys!!:)

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I know what he means how it looks unfinished. Things just don’t look to have any depth. It looks blended together. My ex had her ribs tattoo’d and the artist didn’t use depth in a couple spots so it looked unfinished and just blended together.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.