budman2112
Participant
@budman2112

Hello Tattoo community,I’m in the Midwest(STL).I’ve been wanting to get a portrait tattoo.Does anybody have any suggestions?It would really been appreciated.Been on a different forum site asking the same question.I get all kinds of views but no suggestions,not one.Bummer
Good day to all Fathers out there!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

cesil is your man!

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

both artists mentioned above are world class but they are both from california. how about larry brogan? is illinois too far from you?

budman2112
Participant
@budman2112

Love the”coated in sweet sugar” thing.Im in St.Louis,Illinois not to far.Thanks for the leads from you guys,now to do some homework.I’m way to anal,I’ve seen some portraits out there and no thanks.:)

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
budman2112;89090 wrote:
Love the”coated in sweet sugar” thing.Im in St.Louis,Illinois not to far.Thanks for the leads from you guys,now to do some homework.I’m way to anal,I’ve seen some portraits out there and no thanks.:)

If you’re really serious and committed to getting a great portrait, check the guys out in California instead of going to someone just cause they’re closer, it would be worth the trip. Personally, Nikko would be my first choice if I ever decide to get a portrait.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

larry brogan is top notch and located much closer to him so why not? nikko is booked so far out in advance and is so picky about who/what he chooses to tattoo its hard to even get a hold of him. i talked to him on 4 separate occasions spread over 3 years and i still havent gotten an appointment with him. cecil porter is dope also and A LOT more accessible than nikko is, but he is still booked out pretty far as well.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I think Brogan is definitely your best bet, there’s noone in MO I can think of and Brogan is real good.

budman2112
Participant
@budman2112

The distance isn’t a problem,I would go anywhere as long as I knew I was getting a great tattoo.TY

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you want the best of the best of the best. dmitry samohin in croatia is the one.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
budman2112;89149 wrote:
The distance isn’t a problem,I would go anywhere as long as I knew I was getting a great tattoo.TY

Shane O’Neill in DE/PA (he works mainly out of the DE shop). That’s a heck of a lot further from you than Illinois, but his work is outstanding. If you book now, you’ll get in Jan/Feb 2012.

spirit_eyes
Participant
@spirit_eyes

check out pooch in ct. (i think) used to work for spider bite, in nh (they do the live free tattoo show)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.