Antonio1989
Participant
@antonio1989

Hi,
I am going to faliraki in a months time; I would like to get a tattoo before I go… Is it too late will I have enough healing time?

Thanks

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

takes a tattoo around 4weeks to heal so chop chop haha 😛

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

That’s enough time, but best get on it. Takes about 2 weeks for it to heal up, though can be several more weeks (at least) before everything is really back to normal.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

If I get any new tattoos during the summer months even after they have “healed” its still best to stay out of the sun, cover them with a long sleeve t-shirt or something and or use sun block.

Then again you should probably be doing that anyways – ha ha

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

Healing time is different for everybody, but usually around 4-6 weeks to fully heal.

This thread reminds me of this middle-aged guy who walked into a tattoo shop with his wife and wanted a tribal arm band and asked if it’ll be healed by the time he went on vacation to Mexico or some shit. :rolleyes: Getting a tattoo to go on vacation… a tribal arm band tattoo at that! 😮

Antonio1989
Participant
@antonio1989

Cheers guys,

Next question! I go gym how long would i have to take off? I want the tattoo on my forearm

Thanks!!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Antonio1989;88954 wrote:
Cheers guys,

Next question! I go gym how long would i have to take off? I want the tattoo on my forearm

Thanks!!

You’ll get varying responses on this one also. I think a few days is enough if you do low to mid intensity workouts, but I would avoid any high intensity training for a week or so. Of course, I am only basing this on what my artists have told me and my own personal experience. I stayed out of the gym completely for about a week after I got my B&G portrait, as I was really paranoid and didn’t want to f*** it up.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Antonio1989;88954 wrote:
Cheers guys,

Thanks!!

If I am not super stiff and sore I usually go back in 2-3 days later – if I say got my elbow done I would lay off – anything arm related until it was near as dammit healed and say just do legs

I recently got some more work done on my chest and was back in 3 days later and it was fine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.